5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This site just saved me 3k+

genreviam

Reaction score
Thank you!!!!!!!!
A new 1500 Big Horn BTS edition is sitting in my garage.
I went in armed with your tips and knowledge.
Met with 4 dealers.
First said no EP since it was a 'special edition. Plus they were obnoxious and high pressure. Bye Bye.
Second was a courtesy visit to the Dodge dealer where I bought my Charger. They were Ram illiterate, so not much help.
Third actually had the truck on their lot. They were obnoxious and high pressure. No deal lower than EP.
Finally, contacted a member here who bought in Colorado recently. He recommended Autonation Ram Araphahoe.
Jackpot. They traded with that other dealer and got that sweet ride transferred over, negotiated below EP with me, and were respectful, NO pressure, NO upsell at anytime (not even in finance).
16% below MSRP. Perhaps I could have done better, but I was exhausted and happy with the deal. It really paid off to compare multiple dealers.
I wasn't really looking for the Built to Serve, but once I saw it I was hooked.

I didn't know about the 1500 popup until I read it here, and I would have thought EP was great and not negotiated from there without your sharing your strategies.
So major KUDOS to ya'll, and thanks. I'll see if I can post a pic.

Attachments

• 20201227_123256.jpg
    20201227_123256.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 140
  • 20201227_123247.jpg
    20201227_123247.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 140

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thank you!!!!!!!!
A new 1500 Big Horn BTS edition is sitting in my garage.
I went in armed with your tips and knowledge.
Met with 4 dealers.
First said no EP since it was a 'special edition. Plus they were obnoxious and high pressure. Bye Bye.
Second was a courtesy visit to the Dodge dealer where I bought my Charger. They were Ram illiterate, so not much help.
Third actually had the truck on their lot. They were obnoxious and high pressure. No deal lower than EP.
Finally, contacted a member here who bought in Colorado recently. He recommended Autonation Ram Araphahoe.
Jackpot. They traded with that other dealer and got that sweet ride transferred over, negotiated below EP with me, and were respectful, NO pressure, NO upsell at anytime (not even in finance).
16% below MSRP. Perhaps I could have done better, but I was exhausted and happy with the deal. It really paid off to compare multiple dealers.
I wasn't really looking for the Built to Serve, but once I saw it I was hooked.

I didn't know about the 1500 popup until I read it here, and I would have thought EP was great and not negotiated from there without your sharing your strategies.
So major KUDOS to ya'll, and thanks. I'll see if I can post a pic.
Congrats, and nice truck!

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and congratulations. Great color ;)
Pls add your truck's vitals to your signature when you have a moment. This makes it easier for other folks to help in case you have questions or concerns about your vehicle.

genreviam

Reaction score
Checks in the mail jdmartin!!!

dts828 LOL, I think you are right. Already looking for recommendations on Tonneau covers.
Line-x goes on next Tues.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Checks in the mail jdmartin!!!

dts828 LOL, I think you are right. Already looking for recommendations on Tonneau covers.
Line-x goes on next Tues.
We’ll get that $3K back from you in accessories...and then some. lol

Users who are viewing this thread