5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This happens to the cameras after the first start of the day…

Magnumb

Reaction score
E22B5FFC-2A23-4CAD-B299-2F1165693DD8.jpeg
Hi all, tried searching for this issue before posting. I figured the 4c sub-forum was the best place, correct me if I’m wrong.

Just got the truck used, a 2019 Limited with (55k kms), it’s sitting between -5 to +1 Celsius OAT since purchase, so maybe this is related to cold? If I shut it off and start it again the issue pictured will go away. It does it only once a day, which I find really specific and interesting. The first day of ownership, the backup camera didn’t work at all after the first start, but was remedied by a shut down and restart. My guess was frost on the lenses, but I’m wondering if it’s moisture trapped under the lenses, though it goes away. The day after this photo all of the cameras showed this. So it’s variable. Like the camera is blocking out stuff to close to the lens or clipping parts of the image that are too bright, which makes little sense…but here we are lol.

I’m not overly concerned, I assume it was doing this long before I bought the truck, but let me know if I should be. Thanks in advance for any information ya’ll can offer.

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That can't be moister when a restart fixes the problem. If all cameras do the same thing, it could be you video processing unit.

TonyCA

Reaction score
View attachment 126753
Hi all, tried searching for this issue before posting. I figured the 4c sub-forum was the best place, correct me if I’m wrong.

Just got the truck used, a 2019 Limited with (55k kms), it’s sitting between -5 to +1 Celsius OAT since purchase, so maybe this is related to cold? If I shut it off and start it again the issue pictured will go away. It does it only once a day, which I find really specific and interesting. The first day of ownership, the backup camera didn’t work at all after the first start, but was remedied by a shut down and restart. My guess was frost on the lenses, but I’m wondering if it’s moisture trapped under the lenses, though it goes away. The day after this photo all of the cameras showed this. So it’s variable. Like the camera is blocking out stuff to close to the lens or clipping parts of the image that are too bright, which makes little sense…but here we are lol.

I’m not overly concerned, I assume it was doing this long before I bought the truck, but let me know if I should be. Thanks in advance for any information ya’ll can offer.
Have you tried flipping through the individual views to see if there is a problem with each camera independently?

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On mine, just the backup camera does that, but it's random. I've attributed it to moisture somewhere in the connection between the HU and the cam in the tailgate.. haven't brought it in, because I haven't been able to reliably duplicate it, so I know the dealer won't 'find' anything wrong with it

Magnumb

Reaction score
On mine, just the backup camera does that, but it's random. I've attributed it to moisture somewhere in the connection between the HU and the cam in the tailgate.. haven't brought it in, because I haven't been able to reliably duplicate it, so I know the dealer won't 'find' anything wrong with it
I’m not alone….that’s something. I’ll let you know if I can replicate it. Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread