5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This guy HAS to be full of

Mason1217

Reaction score
Took my truck to the dealer for first oil change. Started talking to a guy with a 19 Laramie who was also waiting. After 20 seconds it’s apparent he’s one of those “I’m mr big time” types, the dealership had a SRT Durango I was looking at, he walks up and says, “these are cool trucks, I just picked one up for my wife, she likes speed, it’s a good deal, got it for only 73 grand”. Ummmm, ok?? Then, here’s the kicker, he says “yea, I had to get her it cause she was mad I spent 86 grand when I custom ordered my blacked out Laramie, but I’m mad I didn’t get the power running boards” really dude? 86 grand for a Laramie eh? That’s completely impossible to get it that high right? I even told him I had a 19 big horn and that I worked for Chrysler? Anyways, it made my time waiting more enjoyable lol

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Took my truck to the dealer for first oil change. Started talking to a guy with a 19 Laramie who was also waiting. After 20 seconds it’s apparent he’s one of those “I’m mr big time” types, the dealership had a SRT Durango I was looking at, he walks up and says, “these are cool trucks, I just picked one up for my wife, she likes speed, it’s a good deal, got it for only 73 grand”. Ummmm, ok?? Then, here’s the kicker, he says “yea, I had to get her it cause she was mad I spent 86 grand when I custom ordered my blacked out Laramie, but I’m mad I didn’t get the power running boards” really dude? 86 grand for a Laramie eh? That’s completely impossible to get it that high right? I even told him I had a 19 big horn and that I worked for Chrysler? Anyways, it made my time waiting more enjoyable lol
******* obviously.

S

Smashy71

jeez. May as well get a trackhawk for that money. Haha, yeah he’s a high falutin rootin tootin dill hole.

Last edited by a moderator:

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
jeez. May as well get a trailhawk for that money. Haha, yeah he’s a high falutin rootin tootin dill hole.
Think you mean Trackhawk, maybe...

My question to OP is, why didnt you question him on it... i woukd have wanted to read what happened after that.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are those prices are correct if he's talking Canadian? I just did a quick search in Ontario Canada, 2019 Limited 1500 is $87K, 2018 Durango SRT is over $70K

Mason1217

Reaction score
Lol, this was in Michigan and he said he bought it at the dealer we were at because “the owner is his friend” at least I know when I go there form now on I can say “And please, do NOT treat me like a friend of the owner” I asked some follow up questions, I saw his truck, he was in the service garage behind me. So I asked him why no ramboxes? No etorque? And it was still 86k? To which he said yea, it’s because I custom ordered it in July

Users who are viewing this thread