5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Third truck in 7 months , 3rd time the charm ???

mikemann0

Reaction score
Started off with the 23' Limited I got a heck of a deal on someone ordered but didn't want it , Went in to ask a question at the dealer and made out on a better deal on a 23' Rebel Cummins or so I thought....staying in regen constantly and back and forth to the dealer for unknown many times I gave up and traded down bigtime to a payed for 23' Tradesman....Currently on the prowl for a clean 2nd gen Cummins that won't cost me my retirement fund (gonna be tough I know). IMG_20231005_162421614_HDR.jpg

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So, you went to a 5th gen to a 4th gen (4.5) back to a 5th gen and looking for 2nd gen. Good luck on finding the right fit for you.

mikemann0

Reaction score
So, you went to a 5th gen to a 4th gen (4.5) back to a 5th gen and looking for 2nd gen. Good luck on finding the right fit for you.
Not a - I can't make my mind up problem - I've had 20 or better Rams over the years - I tend to not keep them , Only reason the Rebel went was because of issues right away.... Also just sold my 6" Lifted 17' Cummins , 6 months before that my Lifted 20' Mega dually Cummins , No idea how many 1st and 2nd gens , The white 23' will be my daily just drive it truck for now and I am looking for a clean 2nd gen for a play truck , Sorry for any confusion.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You've had some weird sized trucks with a few 23 footers, a 20 foot truck and a 17 foot truck!

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You might have a problem/ addiction seek help lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

U

User_3336

Started off with the 23' Limited I got a heck of a deal on someone ordered but didn't want it , Went in to ask a question at the dealer and made out on a better deal on a 23' Rebel Cummins or so I thought....staying in regen constantly and back and forth to the dealer for unknown many times I gave up and traded down bigtime to a payed for 23' Tradesman....Currently on the prowl for a clean 2nd gen Cummins that won't cost me my retirement fund (gonna be tough I know).

LORD, you're worse than me! LOL

JoyBoy

Reaction score
If it makes you happy, then **** it.

I like all those! Did that white dually even fit between the lines after the wider wheels and tires lol ?

mikemann0

Reaction score
If it makes you happy, then **** it.

I like all those! Did that white dually even fit between the lines after the wider wheels and tires lol ?
Thanks and The megacab fit almost everywhere.....

Av1

Reaction score
You're the opposite from me. I tend to keep vehicles around for a while.

RAL

Reaction score
Buying new vehicles constantly is a great way to stay poor.

mikemann0

Reaction score
I guess if you have money problems....My truck is payed for maybe you missed that part ? You only live once remember that - I don't judge , To each his own if it makes you happy......

Last edited:

RAL

Reaction score
I guess if you have money problems....My truck is payed for maybe you missed that part ? You only live once remember that - I don't judge , To each his own if it makes you happy......
Not saying you are poor. But now imagine you had taken even half the money spent on trucks traded in before they were worn out and put the money into a simple investment like an S&P 500 index fund. The calculators are available all over the internet.

Listen if you are someone sitting on millions in investible assets or have a high six figure income or greater, then it makes no difference. But for the average person, the marketing gurus have done a great job convincing us that we need a lot of stuff we don’t.

Last edited:
U

User_3336

Let me add that trading vehicles frequently does not mean its making you "poor". It also does not mean that you are losing money every time you trade.

NOW is probably NOT the time to trade a lot without losing your A**! However, in the last two years its been 100% possible to trade without losing any money. Supply and demand facilitated a lot of that. Covid had a lot to do with that.

It WAS possible to trade a vehicle and get thousands more than what you paid for it. I pocketed $4500 on a lease that I turned in 3 months early!! (simply because the demand for that vehicle was there).
My brother actually got almost $5000 more on a 23 Ram that he traded in on a 23 F150. He paid 53,000 for it, and he got $58000 on the trade. Yeah, he did pay more for F150, but it was a upper trim level and even had discounts.

I've traded my share, and I've never lost any considerable amount.

Like I said, 2 years ago up until mid-year you could trade and potentially make money. those days are OVER.

mikemann0

Reaction score
Not saying you are poor. But now imagine you had taken even half the money spent on trucks traded in before they were worn out and put the money into a simple investment like an S&P 500 index fund. The calculators are available all over the internet.

Listen if you are someone sitting on millions in investible assets or have a high six figure income or greater, then it makes no difference. But for the average person, the marketing gurus have done a great job convincing us that we need a lot of stuff we don’t.
Didn't assume you called me poor , I do have a very good job at one of the world's largest chemical companies my 401 is awesome and I'm more than set plus I choose to live in an apartment so I don't have to fix anything and I'm not tied down to stay in one location and as far as all my trades go I have never lost money 95% of the time I've gained if I were to lose I would be driving that vehicle out of there I've lived and learned believe me but I still live by you only live once as my motto....I'll also add Im an Army vet with full medical coverage....that in itself is a bonus.

Users who are viewing this thread