5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Third taillight/cargo lights

Avalanchez

Reaction score
Hi, I noticed my third tail light/ cargo light on my 2019 ram 1500 limited are halogen and everything else looks led. Does anyone know why this is? I've read on some trucks that changing those lights can affect key fob control, or other issues. Just looking to see if its safe to change them im looking at these, https://www.lasfit.com/products/201...aW5CVNd80aAuM9EALw_wcB&variant=29034596040788
Thanks for any info.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lasfit has worked fine for me but not everyone. I did not change the brake light. I just changed my Cargo lights. No interference for me. I also changed all of my interior lights, except vanity bulbs, and my reverse lights to Lasfit. I will eventually do the rest i.e. low and high beams, fogs, turn signals, etc.

You will find a lot of info through searches. There are other options. Good luck!

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
I have lasfit bulbs installed in my third brake light and cargo lights that don't affect my key fob or anything else. But they are not exactly the ones you show in your link. The cargo ones I have are white and the third brake light is red. Sorry I don't have a link to them to show you.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Both Lasfit and Diode Dynamics should work on your truck without any issues. There are people who run ones from Amazon as well. There are a few of us with 2021's that are having problems with just about all aftermarket LED's, but it seems to be specific to the Laramie's as far as I know. I ran Lasfit's all around on my 2020 Bighorn and didn't have a single issue with them. I'm currently experimenting with the DD led's again while running some ferrite chokes on the wiring, and so far it seems to have greatly improved the issues I was having with interference, if not all but eliminated it.

CogitoErgoLevo

Reaction score
The lasfit and 3 other brands of LEDs did not work on my 2021 limited.
They interfered with passive entry and gave me "keyfob not detected"
Put the stock halogen bulbs back for now until i find a set that works

Users who are viewing this thread