5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thinking of ordering 2022

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If I build a truck online and order exactly what I want, am I pretty much stuck paying MSRP, or higher, because I’m not buying something off the lot? My 2020 Laramie has 14K miles and is in immaculate condition. I’m pretty sure I can get a really good trade in for it. Thoughts?

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I think it all depends on the dealer . I’ve heard that some will give the incentives when you pick up the truck or when you ordered ( whichever is of more benefit to you ) and I’ve heard of others doing a market adjustment .

chris288

Reaction score
where are you from and how far are you willing to drive, below invoice is easily obtained if you look...

Cda3488

Reaction score
If I build a truck online and order exactly what I want, am I pretty much stuck paying MSRP, or higher, because I’m not buying something off the lot? My 2020 Laramie has 14K miles and is in immaculate condition. I’m pretty sure I can get a really good trade in for it. Thoughts?
I just got 44k for my 2020 Laramie. 5 months ago it was 52k. The resale value is plummeting so hurry!

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Emailed my build sheet to 5 local dealers …. 1 didn’t respond, 2 quoted MSRP, 1 quoted halfway between sticker and invoice, and the last quoted $200 over invoice, and I ordered from there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NRitland2

Reaction score
Make sure to lock in pricing if not going to MD. Like others have said engage several local dealers with your build sheet and see what they will do whether it be msrp, under msrp, invoice, under invoice, and before incentives.

Learn from my lack of research… and do this prior to a deposit or signing anything! It all worked out in the end thankfully yet I left a few thousand on the table due to this…

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
where are you from and how far are you willing to drive, below invoice is easily obtained if you look...
I live in east Texas. Driving to Mark Dodge would not be out of the question since it’s about 300 miles from me. It would be a very long day, but doable.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Make sure to lock in pricing if not going to MD. Like others have said engage several local dealers with your build sheet and see what they will do whether it be msrp, under msrp, invoice, under invoice, and before incentives.

Learn from my lack of research… and do this prior to a deposit or signing anything! It all worked out in the end thankfully yet I left a few thousand on the table due to this…
How do I do a build sheet? I did one on the Ram website, but when I also do a search, it does different packages that do not show on the build page. Is the build page the most up to date?

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
How do I do a build sheet? I did one on the Ram website, but when I also do a search, it does different packages that do not show on the build page. Is the build page the most up to date?
the ram site is just to give you an idea of what might be available

build sheets come out after your truck is built

when you get your vin register it here and enjoy the ride/wait

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Ram site is usually slow to update. I would contact a dealer to do a build, they have the most up to date options in their builder.

NRitland2

Reaction score
Bad choice of words.. Build sheet is done with the dealer. I meant the Ram site or a third party site so that you can get an idea of the options, trim levels, and pricing prior to going to a dealer.

If you are in Texas... go to Mark Dodge. I am up in Massachusetts so wanted a more local transaction.

chris288

Reaction score
dealers near me were asking msrp, picking up my Rebel tomorrow, 9,200 below msrp w/ incentives. 4,200 below invoice.

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
dealers near me were asking msrp, picking up my Rebel tomorrow, 9,200 below msrp w/ incentives. 4,200 below invoice.

$4200 below invoice ? Didn’t happen …. Go sell BS some place else

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Whatever you do, get the agreed price in writing with a manager’s signature when you order, or you might be surprised when the dealer claims “market adjustment.” If it’s signed off on in advance, they’re legally bound to honor the price.

chris288

Reaction score
U mad bro ??? paid a lot more huh ??? you obviously didnt do your homework before placing your order... :eek:

Mark dodge is 3k under invoice every day of the week, add in the 1,200 in incentives i'm 4,200 under... my dealer matched their prices...

if you need exact dollar amounts down to the penny let me know...

and if you really want to get technical it was even more than that,,,, BECAUSE after the last price increases from when i originally ordered in august the dealer was nice enough to honor the original msrp. so new msrp of 69k and paying 59,,, so lets just say 10k off msrp. keep shopping bro...

Last edited:

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Whatever you do, get the agreed price in writing with a manager’s signature when you order, or you might be surprised when the dealer claims “market adjustment.” If it’s signed off on in advance, they’re legally bound to honor the price.
Good advice. Thanks.

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
U mad bro ??? paid a lot more huh ??? you obviously didnt do your homework before placing your order... :eek:

Mark dodge is 3k under invoice every day of the week, add in the 1,200 in incentives i'm 4,200 under... my dealer matched their prices...

if you need exact dollar amounts down to the penny let me know...

and if you really want to get technical it was even more than that,,,, BECAUSE after the last price increases from when i originally ordered in august the dealer was nice enough to honor the original msrp. so new msrp of 69k and paying 59,,, so lets just say 10k off msrp. keep shopping bro...

Post your window sticker and purchase agreement

Users who are viewing this thread