5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thinking of getting a tonneau cover….

Cajuntec

Reaction score
I want a tonneau cover, and I’m narrowing down my choices.

I have a 2019 1500 Laramie 4x4 with the 5’7” bed, not Rambox.

I have dual Swingcase boxes installed, and that narrows down my choices as well, as some don’t work with those.

When I launch my boat, I usually go from the side steps to the rear tire, into the bed, and then over the tailgate to walk out on the trailer tongue to launch. Reverse procedure when retrieving. So I need a cover that’s easy to partially open so I can go into the bed for that reason.

I’m thinking BAKFlip MX4 or G2, but the websites aren’t really showing me differences between the two, except that the MX4 is slightly more expensive and has a 5 year warranty vice the 3 year of the G2.

Any input from those with either cover (or other similar hard covers that fit my needs) would be appreciated. Best places to by as well would be appreciated.

All the best,
Glenn

mplaramie

Reaction score
I did find a better comparison here. Leaning harder towards the MX4

I've got the BAK MX4 and it's a nice tonneau. Had the Gator EFX tri fold on 2 Rams prior amd that was nice and held up well. The MX4 does seem to be better quality. Reach out to Amber @Realtruck . She gave me and many others great pricing on our tonneau covers.

Last edited:

Realtruck

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Reach out to Amber @Realtruck
Thank you for the support!

The BAK MX4 is the number one selling hard folding tonneau cover on the market. The BAK Revolver X4s and the new BAK Revolver X4Ts are high quality hard roll-up style tonneau covers that provide you with top-tier security and simple functionality. I'm happy to get you a pricing quote, check availability and ensure fitment for any of these tonneau covers. Feel free to PM me or reach me at [email protected].

beetlespin

Reaction score
I have this one and it's awesome. The way it seals make it basically waterproof.

ChiTownRamfan

Reaction score
I almost bought the BAKflip cover but wound up getting a Weathertech cover instead. I prefer the looks of it compared to the MX4. To me, it has a much cleaner look. It fits very well and I couldn't detect any leaks after several recent rainy days around here. The prices of the 2 are comparable.

Attachments

• IMG_20240303_141152781_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240303_141152781_HDR.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 33

MICO24

Reaction score
Thank you for the support!

The BAK MX4 is the number one selling hard folding tonneau cover on the market. The BAK Revolver X4s and the new BAK Revolver X4Ts are high quality hard roll-up style tonneau covers that provide you with top-tier security and simple functionality. I'm happy to get you a pricing quote, check availability and ensure fitment for any of these tonneau covers. Feel free to PM me or reach me at [email protected].
What would be the cost for a 2021 Limited? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread