5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thinking of buying a RAM, try these tools! Worked for me!

CrewDaddy

Reaction score
Originally posted in the 5thGen Rebel forum but figured it would apply to anyone looking to buy a 5th Gen. Sorry if this violates cross-posting rules.

As someone who researches every purchase to death, I tend to find about every useful website and tool out there before I head to the dealer. I figured I would share what I learned and how I went about it for those members looking to purchase their Rebels. I have no affiliation with any of these sites and am only sharing as a service to others to let my countless hours of research benefit you.

1. www.yourautoadvocate.com : This website allows you to run FREE pricing reports for vehicles by entering the VIN number. It shows the MSRP, Sale Price and days on the lot and includes additional information on how many similar vehicles are within a 50 mile radius, along with their asking prices, and negotiability score. (Hoe eager would the dealer be willing to negotiate). The also provide suggested offers. One pitfall is they pull the same "low advertised price" that may include every available incentive even if you don't qualify. The Father/Son team that runs it also has a YouTube channel where Pops shares his experiences from 43+ years as a automotive salesperson.

2. www.findthebestcarprice.com/insider: A sponsor of YAA, this site provides FREE listings of car sales prices and incentives in your area.

3. Edmunds.com 2021 Ram 1500 Lease Deals : This forum provides insider information on the current lease terms for a given model year and trim for your specific zip code. This includes the Money Factor Index (MFI - essentially the interest rate you are borrowing to lease), Residual Factor (percentage of the vehicle value at lease end minus depreciation) and any incentives for your choice in your region. For example, ask for 42/12,000 for a 2021 Rebel in Boston, MA and they will provide numbers like 0.00208 MFI, 56% residual, and $3250 lease incentives. These numbers are for FCA/Chrysler Capital for tier1+ credit but can be used to compare deals from your local banks as well.

4. Once you have the numbers from Edmunds, visit www.leasehackr.com: If you are leasing this site is a must-use. Enter the MSRP, Sale Price, Incentives, dealer fees, etc. months and mileage and figure out if you are getting a good deal from your dealer. You can also reverse-engineer the MFI and Residual factor from your dealer's offer to see how far off the FCA MFI and Residual they are.

5. iseecars.com: This site lists current inventory levels and trends by manufacturer. How many 2020s are still on lots? How many 2021s have arrived? What are the pricing trends for each?

6. RamTrucks.com - obvious one to be sure but make sure to sign up for email/newsletter/alerts. You may receive up to a $1500 private offer incentive towards the purchase or lease of a new Rebel as I did. I also ordered a brochure to be sent via USPS and disabled my ad blocker to allow tracking my visits. Maybe there is a counter for how many times you visit that trips the offer. I actually ended up with 2 for $1500, one in Chrome and one in Safari because the configurator tool was breaking for me on Chrome.

In addition to these sites above, I scraped every local dealer website for every possible incentive or rebate. Own a GM or Nissan in Nov 2020? You would have qualified for another $1500 rebate without even having to trade said GM or Nissan in. There are retail purchase rebates and lease rebates, as well as cash back. Some can be mixed some can't. The $1500 GM/NIssan was open to anyone, but some, like the $1500 private incentive from RamTrucks is specific to a particular individual. These are called Certain Designated Individual Incentives (CDI).

Examples of Incentives from November 2020 in the Boston, MA Area.
NECMJ$1,500.00Northeast BC GM/Nissan Conquest Bonus Cash
21CMA1$2,500.00Retail Bonus Cash
21CM1$1,000.00National Retail Consumer Cash
32CM1$500.00Retail Consumer Cash
20CM5$500.00Chrysler Capital Bonus Cash
43CMW3$1,500.00RAM Online Private Offer (Coupon)

A reputable dealer will explain what incentives you qualify for as well as which don't. They will also apply them all after the sale price and not as the only means to discount the vehicle.

I'm sure I am forgetting a bunch of stuff. I also have a spreadsheet I used to compare over a dozen trucks in varying configurations which I can share if anyone is interested. I included MSRP, Options packages, fees, etc. so I could compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges so to speak.

Hope this thread helps! Feel free to hit me up with any questions either in the thread or PM. Happy to help!

I'd also be happy to help anyone research for their purchase for the small fee of $0 - that's right, FOR FREE, because I am a glutton for punishment, and I like helping people beat the system :)

flyfingers

Reaction score
Your post interests me as I'm currently in the market for a '21 Bighorn. I've probably owned well north of 100 vehicles in my life all from private party so I've never dealt with dealer shenanigans. It amazes me how convoluted buying a new truck is and quite frankly that is the #2 reason I haven't done so yet. #1 reason is the (in my eyes) absurd prices. I've done the build / price thing a dozen times and am looking to sign up for the emails in hopes of perhaps getting the $1,500 rebate offer but I can't seem to find where on the site to do so.

Users who are viewing this thread