5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

thinking of 1 inch wheel spacers for stock wheels..opinions??

Kaydee

Reaction score
trying to push out wheels a bit for a little more aggressive look ..any opinions on fitment

Art

Reaction score
Your nuts, wheel spacers are not worth the metal there made out of. All they do is screw up your steering geometry.

Agitated

Reaction score
Using wheel spacers is perfectly acceptable and is no different than using an aftermarket wheel with a different offset/backspacing.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The more expensive Concentric Hub spacers work well. I ran 15mm spacers for 5 years with wider tires to prevent rub. Never had a single issue.

Kaydee

Reaction score
Your nuts, wheel spacers are not worth the metal there made out of. All they do is screw up your steering geometry.
I've read lots about them and as long as they are installed correctly it is exactly the same as a larger offset wheel.. Are you saying you should'nt put on larger offset wheels ? OR wheel spacers?

Art

Reaction score
By using wheel spacers or larger offset wheels it affects you scrub radius which affect your handling as the car maker has taken this into account when they specified the proper back spacing of the wheels to be used.
Scrub_Radius_Illustration_-_English.jpg

Phoon

Reaction score
They will change the geometry a little, but may actually positively effect the handling. I have run them in the past, and pushing the wheels out for a wider track often makes the vehicle more stable and less prone to body roll. If you don't like the way it drives or looks, then they are quick to remove and much less expensive than aftermarket wheels.

Leif_Ram2019

Reaction score
I ran 1" spacers on my 2003 Passat for 10-years and have 1.25" spacer on my 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee. In both cases had zero problems, did not notice any change to handling / steering, and am definitely going to do ~1" spacer on my stock Laramie wheels (or the Rebel wheels I'm eying on Craigslist) when my truck arrives.

Users who are viewing this thread