5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thinking about Extended Warranty

LHarv

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Brand new here and my RAM is actually my first truck. I was always a car guy. lol loving it so far though! I Purchased my Ram a few months back now and still has a year and a half left on factory warranty. Where have some of you gone to look at extended warranty? Best quotes, etc, I am in Canada so I believe I generally will have to go through a dealership.

Thanks in Advance!

FYRSTIX

Reaction score
It's hard NOT to think about an extended warranty with the nearly daily email offers from Mopar. Still, I have resisted.

LHarv

Reaction score
Being the technology and air suspension alone in this truck, I can't help thinking about extended warranty.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you're thinking of purchasing an extended warranty, just don't buy into the hyped recommendation to wait as FCA may come out with a lifetime warranty you can purchase (like they used to sell). IMHO, given COVID and the limited number of miles currently being put on vehicles (and for the foreseeable future), I don't see FCA picking up the liability of lifetime warranties on vehicles which may see a max of 6000 miles per year for the next couple of years. Or however long COVID and God knows what will come around. The best bang for the buck currently is the 8 year/85,000 miles Maxcare $200 deductibel extended warranty which can be gotten for approximately $1175 (www.chryslerfactoryplans.com) and using PAYINFULL promo code.

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The best bang for the buck currently is the 8 year/85,000 miles Maxcare $200 deductibel extended warranty which can be gotten for approximately $1175 (www.chryslerfactoryplans.com) and using PAYINFULL promo code.

That’s the one I got, except mine is the $100 deductible 8yr/85000 miles for $1430. Bought it with just under 12000 miles on my 2019 Ram.
Once you pass 12,000 miles, then 24,000, then 36,000, the price goes up each time. If you wait until the factory warranty expires at 36000 miles it will cost you approximately $2200 (today.)
That is why I waited until just prior to 12000 to buy mine. Good peace of mind for a great price

Lake Ram

Reaction score
Wow, those are great prices. I might consider it at that price point. The finance guy pitched a fit when he couldn't sell me one for an extra $125 a month. The lowest he came down to was $58 and couldn't believe I didn't want it. It was only good for 85,000 miles. Once the miles were up, you still had to keep making the monthly payments.

LHarv

Reaction score
That is a fantastic price, even for the CAD/USD conversion, but sadly us Canadians can only purchase through dealers for which I understand will run me more than 4K for similar terms

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
One thing I did learn today - and may help those purchasing an extended warranty for their Ram with eTorque.

The Mopar Extended Warranty does not cover the 48V battery pack behind the rear seat which runs the eTorque system. It is covered by the 8 year/80,000 mile warranty from the factory thus it makes no sense to purchase an extended warranty with a term longer than the 8/85 as the battery won't be covered (if that is one of the reasons you would purchase the extended warranty). I purchased the 8/85 extended warranty which will work fine for my needs.

Users who are viewing this thread