5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thinking about a 2019 Ram 1500?

jassim

Reaction score
I've been looking at getting a truck for the past couple of months, and I'm really liking the new Rams. I had initially considered a Tahoe, but the utility of a truck just seems unbeatable.
I'm wondering what the general consensus is on the new trucks to help me make a decision. I also looked at the Tundra and while I liked it, the body style is aging and I wasn't thrilled with the interior material selections even on the platinum model (felt plastic-y). Some of the things that I like about the Ram:
  1. It gives up payload/towing capacity in favor of comfort (coil sprints + air suspension). I'll use the truck to tow a ski boat/lawnmower, haul mulch and trash (but not anything obscenely heavy), and I would be well within the capacities.
  2. It's super quiet inside.
  3. It has a pretty incredible stereo system, and the big screen in the center stack is pretty cool.
  4. The center console is hilariously huge...and awesome. Tons of space and I can see some of the the features they have built-in being super handy. The cab would be a 2nd office since I spend a significant amount of time on the road and drive between a couple of different buildings for work that are on opposite sides of town.
  5. It looks and feels like a luxury car inside - it's a really nice place to sit.
  6. It has a V8 - yeah the Ecoboost is faster/more powerful but a V8 sounds really nice and the Hemi has plenty of power for my application. Dumb reasoning, I know, but hey, I like it!
Is there something glaring that I'm not considering for my use case? I like the big-ness (I'm a big guy) so although something like a Tacoma would probably suit 100% of my needs from a utility perspective, I don't really want to give up the niceties for a couple MPG gain.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wsmith

Reaction score
You said you are looking at a 19? Are you looking for used? I am happy with my Ram, I do wish I would have held out to find the exact options I wanted. I only have the base stereo system it is adequate, but not exceptional. My last 2 vehicles were a 15 Silverado, and a 19 Ridgeline. I like the 20 Ram more. I had no problems with either the Chevy or Honda, I just fell in love with the looks of the Ram. The itch became so bad that I traded the Honda on it. I only have 7,000 miles on it. My only issue so far is poor AC performance, other than that the truck is solid.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
2+ years since I took delivery of my custom-ordered Longhorn, and I still think it's what I'd order today.

kilcher

Reaction score
I bought mine used in February with 11,000 miles, couldn't beat the price, still love it as much as the day I bought it. Main issue with the Rams seems to be leaking rear window (Chevy has this issue as well).

turkeybird56

Reaction score
Since 2020, why get a 19. The 21's have better towing options and gimmicks, and the MFT tailgate. If U can swing it, get a 21. But if just $$$$ aspect, other than the 3rd Brake light/possible rear window leaks/poor AC performance,. great truck. I enjoy MY 19. CAVEAT: The leaks and poor AC is reported problems, not on every truck, just be aware.

IF U buy used, make sure it has a good warranty and checked out. ALL IMHO.....

U

User_3336

If you can still find a NEW '19, the huge savings you might get would be worth it. Its possible to get over $15,000 off on a '19 depending how aggressive the dealer is about getting the truck off the lot. One dealer in Nashville had a 19 Crew Hemi marked at $16,500 off. Of course, it sold quickly.
My brother did find a new 19 Tradesman Crew that he got a great price on. while it wasn't quite the trim level he wanted, he did get Rebel wheels and tires, and running boards as an added bonus

hoodac78

Reaction score
I bought my '19 Limited used as well. I love it. Haven't had anything go wrong with it. I've towed our 29 ft holiday trailer with it several times and it does the job quite well. Its comfortable to ride in, and you are right, it feels like a luxury car. I don't regret my purchase one bit. If you can find the deal that you are looking for, pull the trigger. I would do it again.

Users who are viewing this thread