5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thinking about a 2019 Ram 1500

pilecarls8

Reaction score
I've been looking at getting a truck for the past couple of months, and I'm really liking the new Rams. I had initially considered a Tahoe, but the utility of a truck just seems unbeatable.
I'm wondering what the general consensus is on the new trucks to help me make a decision. I also looked at the Tundra and while I liked it, the body style is aging and I wasn't thrilled with the interior material selections even on the platinum model (felt plastic-y). Some of the things that I like about the Ram:
  1. It gives up payload/towing capacity in favor of comfort (coil sprints + air suspension). I'll use the truck to tow a ski boat/lawnmower, haul mulch and trash (but not anything obscenely heavy), and I would be well within the capacities.
  2. It's super quiet inside.
  3. It has a pretty incredible stereo system, and the big screen in the center stack is pretty cool.
  4. The center console is hilariously huge...and awesome. Tons of space and I can see some of the the features they have built-in being super handy. The cab would be a 2nd office since I spend a significant amount of time on the road and drive between a couple of different buildings for work that are on opposite sides of town.
  5. It looks and feels like a luxury car inside - it's a really nice place to sit.
  6. https://discord.software/ https://omegle.onl/ vshare

7. It has a V8 - yeah the Ecoboost is faster/more powerful but a V8 sounds really nice and the Hemi has plenty of power for my application. Dumb reasoning, I know, but hey, I like it!
Is there something glaring that I'm not considering for my use case? I like the big-ness (I'm a big guy) so although something like a Tacoma would probably suit 100% of my needs from a utility perspective, I don't really want to give up the niceties for a couple MPG gain.

Last edited:

UKreject

Reaction score
I'm 6' 2'' weigh 260. I do NOT fit in a Tacoma. Tundra is aging ugliness. New style next year I believe. Tahoe is ugliness personified. On the other hand I have a 2019 new body style RAM 1500 with 5.7 hemi that makes me absolutely smile every time I get in the thing. I love my truck and so will you if you get one.

goDawgs65

Reaction score
The general consensus here may be biased...... Welcome!

UKreject

Reaction score
To further clarify, my Ram is a 2019 Bighorn crew 5.7 hemi 4x4 with tow package and level 2 equipment group. I don't like or have leather seats but it has all the toys I wanted and I am extremely happy with it. I did not expect to get good gas mileage. That's not why you buy a truck is it?

Granite2WD

Reaction score
It sounds like the interior is very important to you. That is arguably the Ram's best feature when compared to the competition. It also sounds like you're considering the fancier trims and if comfort is also a priority, you may consider going with not the biggest wheel option for more tire compliance.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
You want it. You need it. You won't be happy with anything else. Why haven't you bought it already? :p

I really love my 2020 Laramie. Excellent comfort and good looks. And plenty capable for my use. I haven't had any problems with it besides the misaligned rambox lids. Of course, there are people who have had problems with their new Rams. Just like every other brand out there. No manufacturer can make a problem free vehicle. And just like every other car forum, this one is full of threads made by people who are complaining about some of those problems. But that's the nature of a car forum. People generally aren't going to make a thread if they're not having any issues. It's good you are trying to educate yourself about what can go wrong with these trucks. After all, it's a major purchase. Good luck with your decision.

dct33

Reaction score
I was a 7 year Tundra owner and didn't see myself going away from Toyota. As stated several times already the body style needs a refresh and I didn't have the patience to wait. Also the gas mileage is terrible compared to other truck brands. I am averaging 17 mpg with only 600 miles on my 2020 Big Horn which is the same as the high end EPA estimate for a Tundra.

My brother in law made the switch to Ram which got me considering the brand. I tried a Silervado RST first but was not impressed...simple things like parking sensors are tough to find with Chevy. After test driving the Ram (same one I ended up buying), I was convinced I was making a good move. The exterior style (shout out to the night edition), interior finishes, ride quality, Hemi sound and power, available options (love my dual pane pano roof!) are standouts compared to other brands IMO.
Good luck with the decision!

Users who are viewing this thread