5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Things I didn't know I had to have, until I got on this forum.

NYKBOB

Reaction score
There are a number of things I had no idea I needed for my 2020 RAM until I got on this forum. I knew I wanted a new cat-back muffler (Borla s-type), and a hard tonneau cover. But there are a number of things that I had no idea about until I read about them here. Now, I can't do without them. This is turning out to be an addictive, and expensive forum.
Below is my list of "Things I didn't know I had to have."
1) Hellwig Sway Bar
2) Light Bar (OPT7 - Redline Triple LED Tailgate Brake Light Bar with Reverse & Sequential Turn Signals)
3) RimSavers RimBlades in red
4) BullRing Stainless Steel Flush Fit Retractable Tie Down Anchors
5) Huskey mud flaps
6) Cold Air Intake - not sure which one yet.

So - What's on your list of "Things I didn't know I had to have," until you got on this forum.

-Hellwig swaybar
-LED's everywhere
-Rear Wheel well liners. Didn't even realize my truck did not come stock with basic liners.
-AEM dry filter, not interested in CAI

Everything else I currently have was on my essentials list prior to purchase. Still need a Muffler too though.

• Hellwig sway bar
  • Bumper/headlight PPF
  • Auxiliary reverse lights
  • Mishimoto catch can

• Hellwig #7709
  • CarPlay2Air (wireless CarPlay)
  • AEM filter
  • PC

My Big Horn is weeks away yet and I'm already forming a list. (damn this forum LOL)
Hellwig sway bar- One thing I haven't thought of . I took two 2021s on a test ride. My go to circuit is up a winding road into the hills of NJ (we call them mountains but they're really just hills) I thought they handled pretty well.
LEDs everywhere- I agree and did do it to the interior of my 4th Gen.
The OPC7 light bar- I'm on the edge with this. I like the thought of the sequential turn signals but have read some bad comments on them.
The catch can- I'm taking my Billet Technology unit with me off my Gen4.
Huskey mud flaps- No brainer.
AEM dry filter-Ditto
Tri fold bed cover-Someones. They all seem the same.
Mufflex 24" muffler- Love the sound on my Gen 4. Why change now?

Well thats a start. Lots have changed since I got my '10. The quest continues.

Auxilliary Reverse Lights
Lock'erDown EXXTREME Console Safe
Hellwig Sway Bar
AJT Shift Knob
B2Fab 5" Exhaust Tips

Last edited:
Hellwig sway bar
Tazer DT
WT bug deflector
Fuel Wheels
Speaker upgrade
Savings account with dedicated funds for the coming rear window leak.

Expensive forum....

AJT Shift Knob
1617110471132.png

Last edited:
My Big Horn is weeks away yet and I'm already forming a list. (damn this forum LOL)
Hellwig sway bar- One thing I haven't thought of . I took two 2021s on a test ride. My go to circuit is up a winding road into the hills of NJ (we call them mountains but they're really just hills) I thought they handled pretty well.
LEDs everywhere- I agree and did do it to the interior of my 4th Gen.
The OPC7 light bar- I'm on the edge with this. I like the thought of the sequential turn signals but have read some bad comments on them.
The catch can- I'm taking my Billet Technology unit with me off my Gen4.
Huskey mud flaps- No brainer.
AEM dry filter-Ditto
Tri fold bed cover-Someones. They all seem the same.
Mufflex 24" muffler- Love the sound on my Gen 4. Why change now?

Well thats a start. Lots have changed since I got my '10. The quest continues.
I recommend the Undercover Ultra Flex tonneau cover 100%! It works good, it looks great inside and outside, it’s very low profile, near-waterproof (only a little comes in by the tailgate but that’s inevitable), and I felt like the price was pretty good. Hope that helps!

A good pair of waterproof boots to wade through all the bull **** :p

But as far as truck stuff goes, probably the rear bed step.
Yep, Just installed mine yesterday. No more stepladder to get into the bed. Since my hip replacements raising my leg all the way up to the bed was not an option. I do like the way the factory bed step almost completely tucks away out of sight when not extended for use. A little pricey, but solid construction and well worth it.
File_000 (4).jpeg
File_000 (5).jpeg

Yep, Just installed mine yesterday. No more stepladder to get into the bed. Since my hip replacements raising my leg all the way up to the bed was not an option. I do like the way the factory bed step almost completely tucks away out of sight when not extended for use. A little pricey, but solid construction and well worth it.
View attachment 87699
View attachment 87700
Nice. The only thing I can't wrap my head around is does the step extend past the tailgate when it's down? IE I can't quite figure out how you use it to step up into the bed when the tailgate is down, and there weren't any on my local Ram dealer's lot that I could see in action.

Aside from that, how long did it take you to put it on? I had one for my Titan but never got around to putting it on before I traded it in.

Nice. The only thing I can't wrap my head around is does the step extend past the tailgate when it's down? IE I can't quite figure out how you use it to step up into the bed when the tailgate is down, and there weren't any on my local Ram dealer's lot that I could see in action.

Aside from that, how long did it take you to put it on? I had one for my Titan but never got around to putting it on before I traded it in.
It extends down right by the tailgate. So you step on it and then the tailgate. Took me 30 minutes to install. I use it all the time and love it.

2020 Bighorn Night Edition, 5.7 Hemi w/eTorque

It extends down right by the tailgate. So you step on it and then the tailgate. Took me 30 minutes to install. I use it all the time and love it.

2020 Bighorn Night Edition, 5.7 Hemi w/eTorque
Thanks man, I think I'm going to order one this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back