5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thieves are stealing rams in seconds

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Are they removing the CHMSL then using CANBus to unlock it? Scary if so.

Man that’s fast. I don’t know what surprises me more. How fast it was stolen or how they just pushed that Ferd that was blocking it out of the way without a hiccup.
Fords are designed to be pushed.

Last edited:

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That truck wasn’t stolen so quickly. It actually took over an hour. The video above has been modified (cropped at the top to remove the time). Here’s the original video with a timestamp on top. Notice that about halfway through the video, it skips an hour.

It doesn’t negate the fact that the truck was stolen, though.

RebelliousGt

Reaction score
Funny enough that’s the city I live in, horrendous with the auto theft, but it all coincides with the mass immigration lately, cost of living is through the roof and everyone has to eat obviously. Our government finally took a tour of the American eastern seaports to sea how they were combating the exportation of stolen vehicles. Guess what they found out??? An Xray unit that scans incoming containers! 🤔go figure, it took a visit to to figure that out??? To mucken fuch

RebelliousGt

Reaction score
Funny enough that’s the city I live in, horrendous with the auto theft, but it all coincides with the mass immigration lately, cost of living is through the roof and everyone has to eat obviously. Our government finally took a tour of the American eastern seaports to sea how they were combating the exportation of stolen vehicles. Guess what they found out??? An Xray unit that scans incoming containers! 🤔go figure, it took a visit to to figure that out??? To mucken fuch
Ghost II or IGLA(American version) is what I have and I sleep well at night.

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
What does the insurance claim look like on something like this? Id assume take a big loss? Man id be pissed. Id also never in my life buy a truck like this if i couldnt park it inside a garage.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What does the insurance claim look like on something like this? Id assume take a big loss? Man id be pissed. Id also never in my life buy a truck like this if i couldnt park it inside a garage.
My thoughts exactly. Why buy a TRX and need to add IGLA and still worry about it getting stolen?!

Just buy a tricked out Limited and call it a day... oh wait, I did! 😆

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly. Why buy a TRX and need to add IGLA and still worry about it getting stolen?!

Just buy a tricked out Limited and call it a day... oh wait, I did! 😆
After installing IGLA, I don’t worry a bit about it being stolen. Broken into (attempted theft), maybe.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Typical sensational but misleading social media video. Each year there are about 300 million registered vehicles on the road and a microscopic 0.3% of them are stolen. In 2023 Ram's were not even in the top 10 for stolen vehicles. More F150s and Chevy 1500s were stolen.

Obviously your odds of having a vehicle stolen go up in high crime areas or when parking in unsecure areas, but those are choices made by the owner.

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Typical sensational but misleading social media video. Each year there are about 300 million registered vehicles on the road and a microscopic 0.3% of them are stolen. In 2023 Ram's were not even in the top 10 for stolen vehicles. More F150s and Chevy 1500s were stolen.

Obviously your odds of having a vehicle stolen go up in high crime areas or when parking in unsecure areas, but those are choices made by the owner.

In the Greater Toronto Area which is where this video is from, Ram 1500's are the 3rd most stolen vehicle (above ford and chevy).

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

I live nearby, an hour away but would love to move further. The GTA is terrible these days.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I take issue with your statement. You’re making it sound like this is a game of odds, and it’s not. Just because the general theft rate nationwide is 0.3% per year doesn’t mean that any of us are not at risk of theft. Ok, if you drive a Bighorn, maybe you’re safe. But I drive a TRX, and I make it a base assumption that my truck is a target. So I protect it accordingly.
And if you’re wondering how easy it is to steal a Ram - check Jimmy07’s post from earlier today. He just laid it out there for the whole world. You can steal any Ram truck with a laptop, a blank fob, and the mod-friendly Jscan software. Unless that truck has protection measures in place.

Users who are viewing this thread