5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

They’re on- LT285/60R20 on 2021 Limited: no lift/level/ORP

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Question? Why would you have rubbing? The offset? The 285/60-20 is 33.5". The Rebel tires being 275/70-18 are 33.2", so you your aftermarket set up is is less than .5" larger than a stock Rebel setup, that fits without rubbing from the factory. Or, is it the 9" wheel in combination with the wider tire? I kept my stock Rebel tires, but put them on a 9" wheel, with 1.5" spacers, and I got minimal rubbing at full turn. I was thinking about going with a 285 or 295 when I need tires, but I don't know if they'll have issues because of the spacers.

tfdickson

Reaction score
Question? Why would you have rubbing? The offset? The 285/60-20 is 33.5". The Rebel tires being 275/70-18 are 33.2", so you your aftermarket set up is is less than .5" larger than a stock Rebel setup, that fits without rubbing from the factory. Or, is it the 9" wheel in combination with the wider tire? I kept my stock Rebel tires, but put them on a 9" wheel, with 1.5" spacers, and I got minimal rubbing at full turn. I was thinking about going with a 285 or 295 when I need tires, but I don't know if they'll have issues because of the spacers.

I wasn’t too concerned because I had done my homework, mostly here. The Rebel has an extra inch of clearance beyond my air ride truck (in normal mode), but even then I was more concerned about width. Going from +19 to +1 offset and only widening the tires to 285 made me confident that I wouldn’t have to worry about rubbing. As it turns out, Nitto’s 285 is actually 11.5” and not 11.2”. Still, no problem.

CozyRam99

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I just got new wheels and tires and am thrilled with the result. This forum helped a ton in making my choices so I thought I’d post my results and maybe it helps someone else.

Truck: 2021 Limited, no ORP. Suspension is stock air ride. 3.21 gears.
Tires: Nitto Recon Grappler LT285/60R20. E-rated, 60lb each vs 44lb stock tires.
Wheels: Fuel Rebel 6, 20x9 w/ +1 offset

I’ve only driven the truck home from the shop, about 30 miles- half highway and half 45 mph country roads. That said here are first impressions:

Ride: firmer than stock but in a good way. No more floaty feel, better on-center steering feel. Difference is noticeable but not dramatic.

Noise: Imperceptible below 40mph. Above that it is noticeable but not bothersome at all.

Fuel economy: I averaged an indicated 19.3 mpg on the way home, about what I’d expect with the stock tires, maybe even better than expected. These tires are 33.5” vs stock 31.8” so actual mileage was better than indicated. One odd thing I noticed is that I expected to need to calibrate the speedo for the larger tires- the school zone speed camera I passed on the way home matched my speedo though.

Power delivery: I can’t tell the difference. Feels exactly the same even with the heavier and larger tires.

Here are the pics:

Before:

View attachment 141645

After:

View attachment 141646
Thank you for this post!!! I have been trying and trying to get a good answer on this w/ pics.

I’m about to put 285/60/r20s on my ‘22 Limited Longhorn 1500 w/ ORP. You’ve removed any concerns I had about fit.

Great looking truck.

Last edited:

Black19

Reaction score
This is the thread I have been looking for. I to am getting ready to put LT285/60/20. The feedback and pictures are a big help. I’m doing Falken Wildpeak ATW3’s. I was worried about the ride and MPG, but neither seem to be a huge problem. In the end it will look great!

Users who are viewing this thread