5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Themes not working properly

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For whatever reason when I choose a theme on the radio it will work flawlessly but when I turn off the truck and let it sit for a few hours the info cluster always goes back the the same theme (theme 3 I believe). Notice how the radio has the blue theme and the cluster is the red/carbon fiber theme? It's done this since I bought the truck in July 2018 but now I'm tired of the red theme lol. I'm wondering what the dealer will do or if it's even worth taking in for this. 20210228_102310.jpg

Last edited:

Turin

Reaction score
The typo in the thread title got me excited thinking this bug had finally been fixed. 😢

OP: This is a long-standing bug in the 8.4 NAV systems, is mentioned in multiple threads, and the recent software update to v20.37.11 — which we finally got after being promised one for two years — didn't fix it. It's been reported that installing a Tazer DT and using that to set/overwrite the theme either fixes or works around the issue.

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The typo in the thread title got me excited thinking this bug had finally been fixed. 😢

OP: This is a long-standing bug in the 8.4 NAV systems, is mentioned in multiple threads, and the recent software update to v20.37.11 — which we finally got after being promised one for two years — didn't fix it. It's been reported that installing a Tazer DT and using that to set/overwrite the theme either fixes or works around the issue.
My bad lol I just noticed the typo. I think im going to buy me a tazer

Users who are viewing this thread