5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Theft Attempt - Houston, TX ( IGLA Prevented)

GMetal

Reaction score
Good thing they didnt get away with your truck. Hope you get a camera system so the police can identify these thugs. The On Board Diagnostics (OBD) unit they used, is it some name brand thing or something off ebay? Im curious if the DHS is aware of these devices and how they are used.

Adam2019

Reaction score
Hey all,

wanted to let the forum that my truck got broken into last night with the intent of theft. This group broke in by breaking the back passenger window and letting themselves in. They tried to use an ODB port / electronic key to start and take the truck. Having the IGLA Alarm stopped this theft dead in its tracks. I was very fortunate that they did no damage to the inside of the truck, or the outside. Other than a broken window its just my pride and the discomfort of knowing my truck was targeted.
So, my truck is at a Dealership getting a good once over and a new window.
2 Big Lessons here.
A. Have a TRX….IGLA in a big city is a MUST HAVE. Without it, it’s just a matter of time before someone or a group will try to take it.
** there were 3, yes THREE…..other TRX’s in the service line with the exact same problem getting fixed. All had a windows broken and were damaged during a theft attempt. I will be sending Letters to management Stellantis regarding the utter lack of theft protection.
B. IGLA Alarm alone will most likely prevent the theft but not prevent the initial break in or damage. Having something like Compustar/Drone or an alarm with shock and glass break sensors Or the like is a necessity as well.

I consider myself lucky that more damage was not done. These guys got spooked and ran before they could do more. Clearly they wanted the truck and nothing inside. I will be fixing this with a massive overkill of security cameras and sensors located all over the place. I was a bit cheap and spent only $1200 on the IGLA Alarm. IGLA paid for itself but had I had cameras etc. I could have had something more that May have led police to catch these clowns.

Lastly, they left the ODM Port device that they tried to use to start the truck behind. Im going to lick my wounds tonight but should have my truck back tomorrow. I’m going make this thing like Kitt in knight rider with so much security It’s comical. Protect your ****…..worked hard for this and I’m not going give it up easily.
Compustar/Drone T13 has been added to the lineup to go with IGLA. Next time someone touches the truck I’ll be happy to introduce myself.

Adam2019

Reaction score
Good thing they didnt get away with your truck. Hope you get a camera system so the police can identify these thugs. The On Board Diagnostics (OBD) unit they used, is it some name brand thing or something off ebay? Im curious if the DHS is aware of these devices and how they are used.
Police are well aware of what they are but have done nothing to try to do anything about it.

sblack33741

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all,

wanted to let the forum that my truck got broken into last night with the intent of theft. This group broke in by breaking the back passenger window and letting themselves in. They tried to use an ODB port / electronic key to start and take the truck. Having the IGLA Alarm stopped this theft dead in its tracks. I was very fortunate that they did no damage to the inside of the truck, or the outside. Other than a broken window its just my pride and the discomfort of knowing my truck was targeted.
So, my truck is at a Dealership getting a good once over and a new window.
2 Big Lessons here.
A. Have a TRX….IGLA in a big city is a MUST HAVE. Without it, it’s just a matter of time before someone or a group will try to take it.
** there were 3, yes THREE…..other TRX’s in the service line with the exact same problem getting fixed. All had a windows broken and were damaged during a theft attempt. I will be sending Letters to management Stellantis regarding the utter lack of theft protection.
B. IGLA Alarm alone will most likely prevent the theft but not prevent the initial break in or damage. Having something like Compustar/Drone or an alarm with shock and glass break sensors Or the like is a necessity as well.

I consider myself lucky that more damage was not done. These guys got spooked and ran before they could do more. Clearly they wanted the truck and nothing inside. I will be fixing this with a massive overkill of security cameras and sensors located all over the place. I was a bit cheap and spent only $1200 on the IGLA Alarm. IGLA paid for itself but had I had cameras etc. I could have had something more that May have led police to catch these clowns.

Lastly, they left the ODM Port device that they tried to use to start the truck behind. Im going to lick my wounds tonight but should have my truck back tomorrow. I’m going make this thing like Kitt in knight rider with so much security It’s comical. Protect your ****…..worked hard for this and I’m not going give it up easily.
I watched a thief steal a Mercedes and a Land Rover in 30 seconds on Trafficked on Nat Geo. They then disabled the tracking system in 5 minutes. I think I will put an air tag on my truck.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I watched a thief steal a Mercedes and a Land Rover in 30 seconds on Trafficked on Nat Geo. They then disabled the tracking system in 5 minutes. I think I will put an air tag on my truck.
An AirTag just lets you know where it is after it’s been stolen. Probably better to put your energy into preventing the theft instead.

Users who are viewing this thread