5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Theft Attempt - Houston, TX ( IGLA Prevented)

Adam2019

Reaction score
Hey all,

wanted to let the forum that my truck got broken into last night with the intent of theft. This group broke in by breaking the back passenger window and letting themselves in. They tried to use an ODB port / electronic key to start and take the truck. Having the IGLA Alarm stopped this theft dead in its tracks. I was very fortunate that they did no damage to the inside of the truck, or the outside. Other than a broken window its just my pride and the discomfort of knowing my truck was targeted.
So, my truck is at a Dealership getting a good once over and a new window.
2 Big Lessons here.
A. Have a TRX….IGLA in a big city is a MUST HAVE. Without it, it’s just a matter of time before someone or a group will try to take it.
** there were 3, yes THREE…..other TRX’s in the service line with the exact same problem getting fixed. All had a windows broken and were damaged during a theft attempt. I will be sending Letters to management Stellantis regarding the utter lack of theft protection.
B. IGLA Alarm alone will most likely prevent the theft but not prevent the initial break in or damage. Having something like Compustar/Drone or an alarm with shock and glass break sensors Or the like is a necessity as well.

I consider myself lucky that more damage was not done. These guys got spooked and ran before they could do more. Clearly they wanted the truck and nothing inside. I will be fixing this with a massive overkill of security cameras and sensors located all over the place. I was a bit cheap and spent only $1200 on the IGLA Alarm. IGLA paid for itself but had I had cameras etc. I could have had something more that May have led police to catch these clowns.

Lastly, they left the ODM Port device that they tried to use to start the truck behind. Im going to lick my wounds tonight but should have my truck back tomorrow. I’m going make this thing like Kitt in knight rider with so much security It’s comical. Protect your ****…..worked hard for this and I’m not going give it up easily.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Hey all,

wanted to let the forum that my truck got broken into last night with the intent of theft. This group broke in by breaking the back passenger window and letting themselves in. They tried to use an ODB port / electronic key to start and take the truck. Having the IGLA Alarm stopped this theft dead in its tracks. I was very fortunate that they did no damage to the inside of the truck, or the outside. Other than a broken window its just my pride and the discomfort of knowing my truck was targeted.
2 Big Lessons here.
A. Have a TRX….IGLA in a big city is a MUST HAVE. Without it, it’s just a matter of time before someone or a group will try to take it.
** there were 3, yes THREE…..other TRX’s in the service line with the exact same problem getting fixed. All had a windows broken and were damaged during a theft attempt. I will be sending Letters to management Stellantis regarding the utter lack of theft protection.
B. IGLA Alarm alone will most likely prevent the theft but not prevent the initial break in or damage. Having something like Compustar/Drone or an alarm with shock and glass break sensors Or the like is a necessity as well.

I consider myself lucky that more damage was not done. These guys got spooked and ran before they could do more. Clearly they wanted the truck and nothing inside. I will be fixing this with a massive overkill of security cameras and sensors located all over the place. I was a bit cheap and spent only $1200 on the IGLA Alarm. IGLA paid for itself but had I had cameras etc. I could have had something more that May have led police to catch these clowns.

Lastly, they left the ODM Port device that they tried to use to start the truck behind. Im going to lick my wounds tonight but should have my truck back tomorrow. I’m going make this thing like Kitt in knight rider with so much security It’s comical. Protect your ****…..worked hard for this and I’m not going give it up easily.
good to hear

care to post a pic of the "ODM Port device"
I'm just curious.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all,

2 Big Lessons here.

Glad to hear it wasn’t stolen. Still sucks about the window, though. Ask @Air’d outSRT about selling you some IGLA stickers - might stop them from breaking the window next time.

Air’d outSRT

Reaction score
Hey all,

2 Big Lessons here.

Glad you still got and another loss for the scumbags that tried. Unfortunately they probably will try again. Like Eighty said I do have some window stickers available that will hopefully mitigate it in the future (if they can read..)
I also have custom neutral blockoff plates with stainless steal security screws that will deter that avenue of theft too.

Attachments

• IMG_2074.jpeg
    IMG_2074.jpeg
    152 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2943.jpeg
    IMG_2943.jpeg
    138.3 KB · Views: 45

RebelliousGt

Reaction score
Hey all,

2 Big Lessons here.

Glad to hear they didn’t get your truck but with the IGLA/ Ghost II immobilizer they wouldn’t be able too. I also have this system in my 2022 RebelGT. I initiated the hijack mode also, after you enter your sequence of buttons to start your truck, unless you have the hijack mode activated someone could steal your truck while you’re idling at a stop light. With hijack mode activated, after I enter my sequence of buttons to start the truck and start driving, if I were to get car jacked while the truck was running, once the drivers door opens and closes (criminal entering and driving away) there’s literally 3 minutes to enter the sequence again before the truck shuts down on the next application of the brakes. Basically start walking in the direction of your truck driving off and you will find it.

Air’d outSRT

Reaction score
Glad to hear they didn’t get your truck but with the IGLA/ Ghost II immobilizer they wouldn’t be able too. I also have this system in my 2022 RebelGT. I initiated the hijack mode also, after you enter your sequence of buttons to start your truck, unless you have the hijack mode activated someone could steal your truck while you’re idling at a stop light. With hijack mode activated, after I enter my sequence of buttons to start the truck and start driving, if I were to get car jacked while the truck was running, once the drivers door opens and closes (criminal entering and driving away) there’s literally 3 minutes to enter the sequence again before the truck shuts down on the next application of the brakes. Basically start walking in the direction of your truck driving off and you will find it.
It activates with the door open and when they get 300 yards it demands the pin only if the vehicle is setup for anti carjacking, mopars do not shut down over can unless its setup correctly and thats only on a few ram models (mainly dial shifter.) please don’t tell people how to change settings because when they do it incorrectly and inadvertently turn something crucial on or off you won’t be the one fixing it and they will be paying that person to do it. Just because yours works doesn’t mean his does. You get carjacked you simply press the start button to kill the engine and leave.

RebelliousGt

Reaction score
It activates with the door open and when they get 300 yards it demands the pin only if the vehicle is setup for anti carjacking, mopars do not shut down over can unless its setup correctly and thats only on a few ram models (mainly dial shifter.) please don’t tell people how to change settings because when they do it incorrectly and inadvertently turn something crucial on or off you won’t be the one fixing it and they will be paying that person to do it. Just because yours works doesn’t mean his does. You get carjacked you simply press the start button to kill the engine and leave.
My truck has the center console shifter, no dial. Either way it can be returned to its original format if it causes an issue. Plus, you might be paying the price if you press that button to shut the truck off. Pistol wiped would be the lesser of the two. I’d rather they drive away from me only to abandon the truck 300 yards away.

Adam2019

Reaction score
Hey all,

2 Big Lessons here.

Attachments

• IMG_6345.jpeg
    IMG_6345.jpeg
    95.6 KB · Views: 63

Adam2019

Reaction score
Here is the OFB port device That was left behind. The guys at IGLA authorized dealer in Houston were awesome. They made me a video using a TRX that they had in the shop on how to fix the electrical issues I was experiencping. Plug the 2 cables back into the boxes under the dash / and also can be seem if you pop the headlight cover swiitch off. This fixed the Uconnect system being turned off as well as the ODM PORT reader from being able to read diagnostics. Just outstanding service. SOUND EVOLUTION. 100§ RECOMMENDATIO!

I have zero doubt that the dealer would have tried to bill me several thousand for a whole new Uconnect 5 system, wiring harness and OFB a port etc. This simple fix turned it into a broken window repair.

for the record, I don’t care for little small Jeep I got as a loaner. It’s so small compared to my TRX It’s laughable. Guess I should be happy I got anything.

Adam2019

Reaction score

Adam2019

Reaction score
Now this is interesting. I believe I just have IGLA, not IGLA II with ghost immobilizer. However, when I’m in my truck I have other hardware with me that serves as a harsh deference. I also always have windows up at all stops. That’s a great feature to have though. 👍👍

Adam2019

Reaction score
Hey all,

2 Big Lessons here.

Oh, if you are in Houston……SOUND EVOLUTION is the place to get IGLA / Compustar. authorized dealer and they have rockstar level service. I can’t thank these guys enough. They went above and beyond….

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Now this is interesting. I believe I just have IGLA, not IGLA II with ghost immobilizer. However, when I’m in my truck I have other hardware with me that serves as a harsh deference. I also always have windows up at all stops. That’s a great feature to have though. 👍👍

🤔

deference​

[ def-er-uhns ]
Phonetic (Standard)IPA

noun​

1. respectful submission or yielding to the judgment, opinion, will, etc., of another.
  2. respectful or courteous regard:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

LOL, not busting your stones, I'm sure you meant to type deterrence.

de·ter·rence
/dəˈtərəns,dəˈterəns/
noun
the action of discouraging an action or event through instilling doubt or fear of the consequences.

Air’d outSRT

Reaction score
My truck has the center console shifter, no dial. Either way it can be returned to its original format if it causes an issue. Plus, you might be paying the price if you press that button to shut the truck off. Pistol wiped would be the lesser of the two. I’d rather they drive away from me only to abandon the truck 300 yards away.
That could be the case but you can’t activate anti carjacking if the vehicle doesn’t support it or the settings to make it work are not on.

Adam2019

Reaction score
LOL, not busting your stones, I'm sure you meant to type deterrence.

de·ter·rence
/dəˈtərəns,dəˈterəns/
noun
the action of discouraging an action or event through instilling doubt or fear of the consequences.
Yeah…typo……was angry trying this out….

Air’d outSRT

Reaction score
IGLA 231 is a ghost 2, just made for autowatch UK and named ghost

Users who are viewing this thread