5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The wave

AdventureJunkie

Reaction score
Don't know if this is the right place for this so moderators feel free to move this.

I came from a nitch car community (Volvo c30) and kind of like what motorcyclist do we gave a wave to each other.

Does any other rebel owner give other rebels a wave when you see them? Or am I just the odd duck in the room

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Don't know if this is the right place for this so moderators feel free to move this.

I came from a nitch car community (Volvo c30) and kind of like what motorcyclist do we gave a wave to each other.

Does any other rebel owner give other rebels a wave when you see them? Or am I just the odd duck in the room

Same here, having grown up on a farm (where everyone waves to other trucks) and owned several sports cars that get “the wave”. So I still wave to every 5th-gen owner. I don’t know that I’ve ever received one in response.

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
.........how many fingers are you holding up when you wave.....1 or 5....Maybe experiment?.......lol..:rolleyes:...I have had my Rebel since August 2018 and it is so odd that I rarely see the new Rams on road and have yet to see another Rebel on road. The dealers have plenty and with me being retired and not making a commute is probably why. I do give a quick wave to any new Rams but no response thus far. I am in Portland, Oregon so its a busy traffic place for sure. Mine is flame red over black two tone so mine is bold for others to see.

Attachments

• IMG_2622.jpg
    IMG_2622.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2627.jpg
    IMG_2627.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2787.jpg
    IMG_2787.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_2716.jpg
    IMG_2716.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

REBEL 2.0

Reaction score
Farmer here in rural Alberta. Farmers used to wave to each other all the time, not many family farms left. So not so common anymore. I have gotten a few REBEL waves from other 4th gen owners. Only seen one or two 5th gen REBEL in the wild

machz

Reaction score
Nope... for me "the wave" is a wrangler or motorcycle thing and that's the only vehicles I wave in. I never did it in my mustangs or any other car I have owned

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wave at 4 and 5 gen rebels. Usually the 4 guys are the only ones paying attention.

AdventureJunkie

Reaction score
Good to hear the community support outside of the forums. It shows that we are one big rebel family

odhinnhrafn

Reaction score
Being out in west Texas, a lot of people still wave to each other, especially other truck drivers of all kinds. They're just more friendly here than other places I've lived. It was weird to me when I first moved here. Now I'm used to it and wave back, which is usually just 2 or 3 fingers lifted off the steering wheel.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The wave is a Wrangler thing; I did it for seven years. I don't see the RAM as a wave vehicle...I'd leave it to the Jeep guys.
It’s also a Harley (or really any motorcycle) thing, a Corvette thing, a MINI Cooper thing, a classic/muscle car thing... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread