5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The wait is a lot harder than I thought

Islander

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

So 6 months ago (June 3rd) I ordered a Ram Big Horn...and still waiting, no Vin#, no updates, no ETA. That said, because of where I live (Turks & Caicos) my order goes thru RAM Caribbean so I expected it would take a lot longer...and then there's chip shortages, pandemic etc etc etc...
Local dealer has no idea when it might get built or shipped...

I am starting to go nuts...LOL...damn the wait is hard!! ... and to get a vehicle on this island 50% upfront deposit

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
You should get the VIN in a few days, usually right after the order is accepted. Everything is taking forever, I ordered a Jeep on 7/29, it just got built today. Hang in there.

PS: based on your location, I also have zero sympathy for ya

NRitland2

Reaction score
I have to agree with everybody else. Kicking your feet up on white sandy beaches with clear blue water makes it much easier waiting for your truck to show up. that’s easy for me to say as we enter winter up here in the Northeast.

Hang in there! A lot of people have been waiting a long time for their builts also.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Felt sympathy till you mentioned where you live. LOL.
I thought the same thing. I am blowing leaves, draining everything exterior for the coming freeze, trying to get my plow jeep back in shape for plowing, winterizing the motorcycles, etc.

Lay your butt in the sand and sip another rum as the water laps at your toes and wait! You live on an island you should be used to it. You wait for everything else. Not like Amazon Prime (now 2 to 10 day deliver "because of Covid") is a regular thing for you.

Don't you get around on golf carts and scooters there anyway?😉

AV8OR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How many miles do you drive each year on average?

How are the toll roads and the commute?

Any autobahns where you can enjoy getting it into eighth gear for a few seconds before having to come off the gas?

Tell us what you ordered, was the 33 gallon tank top on the list so you don't have to stop for gas all the time?

I'm guessing you have never ever heard from the backseat, "Daddy, how much longer?"

1638838526796.png

Islander

Reaction score
ROFL!!! Guess I should have left out the details of my location ;)

Truth is ...I will likely never get out of 4 th gear because otherwise I cant get a good look at the beach babes walking around...it only takes 20 min to drive from one end of the island to tje other...doing more than 3,000 miles a year would be almost impossible...and its true that I'm already used to waiting forever to receive anything...so da heck do I have to complain about...

Thanks guys your posts made me laugh and cheered me up...will post pics when the Big Horn arrives...likely April 2022!....LOL

Islander

Reaction score
How many miles do you drive each year on average?

How are the toll roads and the commute?

Any autobahns where you can enjoy getting it into eighth gear for a few seconds before having to come off the gas?

Tell us what you ordered, was the 33 gallon tank top on the list so you don't have to stop for gas all the time?

I'm guessing you have never ever heard from the backseat, "Daddy, how much longer?"

View attachment 113162
Funny...I was looking at the 33 gallon option and thinking hmmmmm....if i get that I could fill up like every 3 months 😆

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Yep. I'm picturing him taking time out from feeding the dolphins and taking sunset strolls with oiled up, bikini wearing tourists to walk over to his cabana and type out this message about waiting on his truck. :ROFLMAO:
Yep. Here's a pic of Islander interacting with tourists. He's pretty popular with the ladies. 🤣
Screenshot_20211206-224432_Chrome.jpg

Scram1500

Reaction score
We should have some sympathy, vehicles rust from the top down on islands. In a few years it will be a rust bucket with 10,000 miles on the clock

Users who are viewing this thread