5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The sky is NOT falling, but, the window is narrowing on HD 23’s

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
While it feels like we’ve only just gotten started – we’ve been alerted that the ordering for 2023 model year is narrowing to an end. We do not know exactly when, this isn’t an “OMG we only have three days left” situation, but for dealer stock orders this is our last month to be able to do so. If things went according to pattern, our ability to place sold-orders (factory order) would follow a few weeks behind that cutoff. Of course we do not know how long the gap will be between 23 and 24 ordering, etc. YES this does seem a little early, but Wrangler was also a very early changeover too this year?

April Allocation Screenshot.png

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
2023 ordering for HD's is in fact closed - 2024 is open, but not pricing or full code-guides yet. Will keep you all updated when we see it!

1500s very likely to close for sold orders early in June if it follows a similar pattern to how we saw HDs behave (last stock orders in April, last sold orders in early May)

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
HDs are not 5th Gen trucks, so are you suggesting that this early 2023 "build out" is because they are FINALLY after five years going to put 5th Gen cabs and sheetmetal on the HD trucks? That would be huge news if so.

I want them to update the 6.4 Hemi. They need to do a refresh on that engine in a really bad way. The competition is leaving them behind. That engine hasn't been updated in, what, 11 years??

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
HDs are not 5th Gen trucks, so are you suggesting that this early 2023 "build out" is because they are FINALLY after five years going to put 5th Gen cabs and sheetmetal on the HD trucks? That would be huge news if so.

I want them to update the 6.4 Hemi. They need to do a refresh on that engine in a really bad way. The competition is leaving them behind. That engine hasn't been updated in, what, 11 years??

No just called build-out in that it is the end of building 2023 model year, that's all - no other inferences made on my part! It does NOT look like there are significant changes at this point, becuase it's all the same model #s on the 2024s so far. Now the official code guides are not published yet, but what I can see so far looks pretty much the same as prior and there have not been any memos or fliers announcing "all new" this or that.

Users who are viewing this thread