5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rampage Is The Truck We Want, But Can’t Have!

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

The Rampage Is The Truck We Want, But Can’t Have!​

Ram Sheds Light On Its New Compact Pickup For LATAM...​

1686118840873.png

As gas prices, interest rates, and inflation continue to rise, automakers are seeking innovative solutions to meet the demands of truck owners. Ford Motor Company introduced the compact and versatile Ford Maverick, garnering significant attention and praise. Meanwhile, Ram, a brand known for its powerful full-size pickups, is preparing to make a grand reentry into the smaller truck segment with the highly anticipated 2024 Ram Rampage.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Could be a strong competitor to the Ford Maverick, however the issue is North American Production limitations. Due to the chicken tax, it has to be produced in NA somewhere to make it viable in price. Even if they can find factory to allocate production, it would be at least a few years before we would see the first truck. RAM is kinda slow into moving into new markets.

The midsize and compact will likely be strong going forward, they should find a way to be involved. Using the 1500 Classic as their mid-size (based on price) competitor can only last so long.

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For some reason Stellantis seems very concerned about growing market share in Brazil instead of investing in products in North America, whose profits fuel the entire company. They are proud that they sell a handful of cars in SA compared to NA. As a result they have completely ignored the consumers who generate their profits. No new 5th Gen HD trucks, no new midsize truck, no new sport utilities for dodge or Chrysler, no Cherokee replacement, no inline 6 option in the grand Cherokee, an Ill timed overpriced ugly wagoner and the list goes on. I have never been so disgusted with the direction of this company and complete failure to get products out in a reasonable amount of time. For the first time I can honestly say my next car will probably not be a Chrysler product

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
For some reason Stellantis seems very concerned about growing market share in Brazil instead of investing in products in North America, whose profits fuel the entire company. They are proud that they sell a handful of cars in SA compared to NA. As a result they have completely ignored the consumers who generate their profits. No new 5th Gen HD trucks, no new midsize truck, no new sport utilities for dodge or Chrysler, no Cherokee replacement, no inline 6 option in the grand Cherokee, an Ill timed overpriced ugly wagoner and the list goes on. I have never been so disgusted with the direction of this company and complete failure to get products out in a reasonable amount of time. For the first time I can honestly say my next car will probably not be a Chrysler product
You really want a turbocharged 2.0-liter inline-four-cylinder engine in your pickup? Because that's what coming in the Rampage per the article.
I don't

In 1998 Chrysler was bought by Mercedes-Benz
Chrysler was sold in 2007 to Cerberus, a private equity firm in the U.S
Chrysler was bought by Fiat in 2014.
Fiat\Chrysler was bought by Stellantis in 2021

They are not an American or North American company anymore and are HQ'd in the Netherlands.
They only care about money and are clearly not hurting for it by the way they keep increasing MSRP and prices and people keep paying.

Why would they give NA anything new when people keep buying the old stuff re-hashed stuff.

I don't think they will last another 20 years at the rate they are going, losing too many bangers and not getting many big wins.

Can't get a new 300, Charger\Challengers are going away, the TRX is coming and going in a blink of an eye at crazy expensive prices and then it will just turn into another generic 4-6 cylinder turbo pickup.

Can just hope the Ram division gets left alone and never evolves for the worse (which is more likely to happen then not).

Users who are viewing this thread