5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The NEW 3.6L Pentastar V6 with eTorque

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
Yeah. Generally if they've just got a stock photo up, I don't give the listing a second glance no matter what it says, but this one had pictures of an actual truck so I thought it might actually be the real deal...nope.
Ok, score one for being kinda petty! I emailed that dealership and told them I didn't have any interest in purchasing that particular truck, but wanted to let them know it was incorrectly listed as a V6 instead of a Hemi...just checked back today and it was updated!

Still got approximately 18,274,289 emails from that dealership trying to make the sale, but hey, it was worth it. At this rate, I'll have all the incorrect info about anything anywhere on the internet cleaned up by Christmas! :geek::p:cool:

lowell3170

lowell3170
Reaction score
Ok, score one for being kinda petty! I emailed that dealership and told them I didn't have any interest in purchasing that particular truck, but wanted to let them know it was incorrectly listed as a V6 instead of a Hemi...just checked back today and it was updated!

Still got approximately 18,274,289 emails from that dealership trying to make the sale, but hey, it was worth it. At this rate, I'll have all the incorrect info about anything anywhere on the internet cleaned up by Christmas! :geek::p:cool:

Last night I ordered a 2019 Ram Laramie Longhorn Crew 4x2 with the V6. Irovy Tri Coat with the walnut Lower two tone paint, with mountain Brown Buckets seats.
This model comes with 5 pages of standard items, I did not need to add any more options. I hope more rebates will be available in October when it is shipped.

4sallypat

Reaction score
Glad to hear you can order a V6 w/ eTorque.

I can't wait for the on lot models to show up at my dealer's lot.
Something I hate with the current models showing the V8 Hemi and the audacity to charge $2500 for a Hemi and eTorque engine.

Would love to see a standard V6 w/ eTorque instead of paying extra for a motor.

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
configured a laramie today and the v6 is now available in the options

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
configured a laramie today and the v6 is now available in the options
Yeah, the build and price site has been very slow on updates.

The v6 has been available to order as the base engine for all models since the week of August 10th.

lonestar_penta19

Reaction score
If you don't tow heavy loads, take a long hard (and I mean hard) look at the v6. I do some light off roading, tow a small boat, and drive a lot. The V-6 is adequate for most. Does the Hemi rule? Of course! but do you NEED it? Well some of us do. If you don't, get the V6

Scrambler

Reaction score
I came to this forum to help me decide between the Hemi & the V6. I went with the V6 and @ 1,300 miles I'm happy with why decision. The reality of my V6 MPG running 78 MPH on the hwy is 20.3 on flat runs and 17.2 on hilly runs. I have read that its gets better with break-in up to 15k miles, but time will tell. If you look at the Hemi mileage forum discussions, there's a lot of unhappy owners. Bottom line is that if you're focused on MPG before you buy a Ram, then get the V6. If you are concerned about the horsepower, don't be because its pretty impressive for a V6!

Smerberj

Reaction score
I came to this forum to help me decide between the Hemi & the V6. I went with the V6 and @ 1,300 miles I'm happy with why decision. The reality of my V6 MPG running 78 MPH on the hwy is 20.3 on flat runs and 17.2 on hilly runs. I have read that its gets better with break-in up to 15k miles, but time will tell. If you look at the Hemi mileage forum discussions, there's a lot of unhappy owners. Bottom line is that if you're focused on MPG before you buy a Ram, then get the V6. If you are concerned about the horsepower, don't be because its pretty impressive for a V6!
I couldn't agree more about the power, these Pentastars are pretty damn peppy AND at just over 1,000 miles I'm averaging 20.5 MPG 40/60. Can't beat that!

JustMe

Reaction score
I couldn't agree more about the power, these Pentastars are pretty damn peppy AND at just over 1,000 miles I'm averaging 20.5 MPG 40/60. Can't beat that!
"peppy" at Sea Level (VA. Beach - go Navy !) . I have the ESS V6 (no eTorque) in my 2016 WK2 and have driven it over the years at all elevations and early notice any differences . However it is the Elevation changes DURING Driving - up hill, down hill . . . that you notice ! When I (hopefully) eventually purchase another 4X4 RAM 1500 (2021?) it will have the V6 w/eTorque and 3.55 gearing .

Smerberj

Reaction score
"peppy" at Sea Level (VA. Beach - go Navy !) . I have the ESS V6 (no eTorque) in my 2016 WK2 and have driven it over the years at all elevations and early notice any differences . However it is the Elevation changes DURING Driving - up hill, down hill . . . that you notice ! When I (hopefully) eventually purchase another 4X4 RAM 1500 (2021?) it will have the V6 w/eTorque and 3.55 gearing .
I'm moving to Cali next year, my towns elevation is 3100 feet, wouldn't my truck adjust to the elevation? Yes, yes, go Navy. Haha

Users who are viewing this thread