5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Low Down"

Caballonegro

Reaction score
The details they put in this truck are what a street truck from Ram needs. I actually hope they put this project into production but I'll only ask for one thing and it is a small request.....FCA you have a 485 HP SRT engine in your line up that would work great in this truck. The truck looks great but at the same power as the rest, it won't be as special unless it is bumped up a little bit in power. I am not even asking for the HELLCAT engine, just that almost 100 HP.

drstein

Reaction score
The details they put in this truck are what a street truck from Ram needs. I actually hope they put this project into production but I'll only ask for one thing and it is a small request.....FCA you have a 485 HP SRT engine in your line up that would work great in this truck. The truck looks great but at the same power as the rest, it won't be as special unless it is bumped up a little bit in power. I am not even asking for the HELLCAT engine, just that almost 100 HP.

Bet with the added horses it would sell fairly well.

q8ram

Reaction score
hope they will listen

Caballonegro

Reaction score
also....Looks like the Lowdown is on Wheel Spacers...so does this mean they working on another more aggressive 22" wheel design for this..who knows.

34448 34449 34450

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
As a person who has spent some time around the "Low Down" concepts at various car shows as shown from the post on the 5thGenRams Instagram page... the Low Down Concept is a sharp truck. The truck sits on a "concept" Mopar 2-inch lowering kit that I debated about lowering my 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Sport. After seeing the Low Down concept drive and how bouncy the suspension was, I will not be lowering my truck. That thing rode terrible. @Jared B has seen my footage of the truck driving, he can vouch for me.

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You can see the video in our latest post of what I was talking about...

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can see the video in our latest post of what I was talking about...

That thing is bouncing pretty bad. I'm guessing FCA engineers didn't do any road testing.

GraniteRam

Reaction score
That thing is bouncing pretty bad. I'm guessing FCA engineers didn't do any road testing.

From the motortrend article:

The concept was developed for aesthetics. Designers used the air suspension system as a quick and dirty way to lower the truck which rides on 22-inch oversized wheels.

If it were to go into production, it would be engineered properly so the ride quality is not degraded in any way. And it would have to be tested to meet all safety regulations. That likely means changes such as repositioning the sensor that triggers airbags so they don't sit too low.

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
I would be interested!

-wider wheel base without spacers
-ability to ride set on lower kit mode or standard stock height mode
-definitely peaked if added 100 HP!!!!

I don't have the current air suspension but if I am understanding it correctly; it has the ability to lower x inches to get into the vehicle, and at x speed it goes back to stock height correct?

If they have already programmed/engineered the above suspension, why don't they tweak that existing systema bit to give us say
"3 mode suspension" stock mid sport!!!!!! Where you can actually drive in each mode. I would pay for that along with the above others right now in a RAM TRUCK!!!!

Caballonegro

Reaction score
That is Obviously a lowered air suspension....that's alot of bounce YUCK!

Cross88

Reaction score
I was pretty interested when I saw this truck also. I’m going a lowered level on wide wheels myself. But I read an article somewhere and it said, not quoting, it was lowered a dirty way (lowered setting on the air ride). But fca is trying to see the response of the truck before putting any lowering kit into production.

Users who are viewing this thread