5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The etorque system

Anthony76

Reaction score
Yes or no answer adding battery packs to the etorque will be more electric or the etorque is bogus l see +2mpg gain with a triple @ battery

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Have no clue what you are really asking. I'll assume. The eTorque doesn't move the truck. It adds little extra power at take off to the engine and does many other things. But it won't move the truck on its own.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
If I'm understanding your question, you're wondering if you can add more battery packs to the 48v etorque battery. The answer is maybe, but to what end. You will gain nothing from that, as @vincentw56 already said, etorque only adds power at take off, and for only the first half wheel rotation. After that it adds no power to the wheels.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Short answer: No.

ETorque is not a hybrid like a Prius. You never drive on just the electric motor in the Ram, ever, so more batteries will not give you better range. If anything, the added weight will decrease the range.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
If I'm understanding your question, you're wondering if you can add more battery packs to the 48v etorque battery. The answer is maybe, but to what end. You will gain nothing from that, as @vincentw56 already said, etorque only adds power at take off, and for only the first half wheel rotation. After that it adds no power to the wheels.
you will lose some payload

Anthony76

Reaction score
I'll have to look at it closer but I'm building either a pentastar or eco ,electric around town

Anthony76

Reaction score
Maybe l can do something different with the barelli motor?

Anthony76

Reaction score
The thing is all the triple AAA battery will do is 90ftlbs 180 with 2 will see

Anthony76

Reaction score
It takes a 900lbs battery for featherweight Prius. The etorque battery is a briefcase

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Etorque. Get 40 mpg and rung the 1/4 mile in 9 seconds. Hell yea!

Users who are viewing this thread