5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The dreaded "Shaky Driver's Power Mirror"

fudpucker

Reaction score
Well, I've taken my 2019 Ram Lone Star into the local Chrysler dealer to fix the much discussed "shaky driver's mirror". Not noticeable in town but on the highway it's quite bothersome. Already tried the repeated folding and unfolding 15 times method that they suggested as fix. That of course that didn't work.
I guess I'll see if the dealer can adjust or replace. It will be interesting. It's the first time I've taken it in for a warranty problem. With 23,000 miles, it should be covered. We'll see how this goes. Sounds like it's a fairly common design problem.

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
Had the same on my fourth gen, expecting the same on my 5th gen when it gets here in a month. You can pop the glass and retainer off and put in a piece of Saran Wrap or parchment paper to stiffen it up, but it only lasts for a few months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fudpucker

Reaction score
Had the same on my fourth gen, expecting the same on my 5th gen when it gets here in a month. You can pop the glass and retainer off and put in a piece of Saran Wrap or parchment paper to stiffen it up, but it only lasts for a few months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So.....how do I "pop" off the glass?
Note: The dealer ordered a new mirror but (like everything else these days); it's on National backorder.

RedSox10NG

Reaction score
Shaky driver mirror glass. Dealer refused warranty work due to “crash” prior to my ownership. Looking for DIY lol

Users who are viewing this thread