5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Dreaded Howl

McBigHorn

Reaction score
Well, my Big Horn started howling the other day. Did it stopped and rolling. Took it to the dealer, had a tech ride along to confirm. They had the truck overnight then couldn't replicate it. Told me the ANC had been flashed already, and if it does it again to bring it back and we'll go from there. It's been quiet since. Other than this, the driveability on this truck is exceptional. I didn't get it for the ANC feature anyway. I think I'm going to disconnect it at the amp under the driver's seat and take a ride to see if it really affects cabin noise that much, and if it doesn't I'll just de-pin the ANC cabin mics. I really can't imagine the cab is going to be much louder.

All this being said, it's my opinion that FCA should seriously look into this issue (if they aren't already, that is. It's not obvious to me whether there is a problem with the design, component manufacture, or software, and I have no way of knowing what is being discussed in the corporate engineering/tech departments) as it's a common complaint with what appears to be poor and inconsistent remedial action.

Users who are viewing this thread