5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The dreaded back glass leak has happened to me.

Permatex question.
What is the proper kind of Permatex to obtain? I tried a search and did not seem to find the proper kind/part number to use for this application.
As of now no leaks from the third brake light or back window - after most rain storms I check, and so far it's dry, but I fear my luck will run out soon.
Thanks in advance for the information.

BlueHemi1500
#81730.

You have the full story from me. You either haven't read all my posts or don't understand what I wrote. The adjuster is claiming a deluge, not me. The adjuster mistook residue from a car seat protector on the passenger side back seat surface as long term mold. He is stupid or trying to scam the insurance company (or both) and me. He also said my truck was flooded "level 3" with brackish water. Sorry but the geography of FL makes this impossible. My entire house would have experienced this flood as the vehicle was parked in my driveway. This latest damage was due to the rear window letting in some water during 70-90 mph wind and 10+ inches of rain of Hurricane Milton at my location in Orlando FL. That is exactly the story I told the adjuster before he went to the vehicle. The dealer had already assessed the damage and written an estimate before he showed up. Allstate claims department has already stepped back in and is re-assessing. They recognize this adjuster's "errors". and are working on it.

I am very observant and have been periodically checking for the rear window leak for years. In case you don't know, Orlando is the thunderstorm capital of the world. If you want to study the meteorology of this area you would see why that is true.

Also I can't say why my vehicle is excluded in this so called extended rear window warranty from Ram but the fact remains that it is not. It is excluded. It is included in the CHMSL one though but the dealer doesn't want to touch it because it is not leaking and never has leaked.

What else do you want to know that you think I left out?
Candidly, I have learned not to argue with people on the internet. I stated my views above, after fully reading what you described, and they remain unchanged. Good luck getting your truck fixed, seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back