5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Crowdsourcing Inventory Search Thread

Grouper

Reaction score
Maybe this will gain traction and eventually make it to "sticky" status;

Since the Ram Inventory Search tool radius is limited to 150 miles, I thought it would be helpful to create "crowdsourcing" search thread. There's only so much one can do using third party search tools (Car Gurus, Autotrader, etc).

Here's how it would work:

(1) Post the specific configuration you would like to find.

(2) Using your home zip code set to the maximum 150 mile search radius, help each other by searching for the posted desired configuration.

(3) If a vehicle matching the desired configuration is located, quote the original post and reply with the zip code used for the search. Alternatively, you could post the dealer name that has the desired configuration in stock.

The thread might get messy and perhaps the "rules" will need to change to keep it better organized, but I thought it's worth trying. Airline tickets are going to be cheap for a while, once the pandemic subsides. Fly n' drives might be practical for those willing to do so (once the pandemic subsides).

I'll start:

2020 Laramie
Prefer 4x2
Bright White
Crew Cab
Night Edition (which automatically forces Level 2)
V8 (eTorque or not)
RamBox
Bed Utility Group
Advanced Safety Group
Multi-Function Tailgate
(Not interested in vehicles with Pano-sunroof, 12" screen, air suspension or diesel)

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Nothing within 150 miles of me. Are you aware that instead of having the website locate you, you can change the zip code it uses as a search parameter? You could search the whole USA yourself.

Grouper

Reaction score
... Are you aware that... ...you can change the zip code it uses as a search parameter? You could search the whole USA yourself.
Yes, I'm aware. But I'd rather not spend 196 hours sitting in front of the computer playing zip code whack-a-mole. We can help each other.

Hence, the point of this thread.

DakotaRam

Reaction score
Back when I had ordered my 16 it was set up to search the whole US for the criteria of your build first then by lesser options On the Ram Truck build site. Wished they’d left it that way.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Best I could find is everything except for ram box and advance safety group.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Close, but no cigar. No Rambox option on that one. I can live with the 4x4 at the right price.

If it had the Rambox option instead of the 12" display, I'd be on the phone right now.

Thanks!

I think the only one you are going to find would be the Diesel engine with all of those features unless you just order one.

Grouper

Reaction score
I think the only one you are going to find would be the Diesel engine with all of those features unless you just order one.

I probably will end up ordering. But I figured I'd see it there's one out there I haven't been able to find thus far.

Grilleguy

Reaction score
Don't bother looking for a 2wd Laramie in PA, VA, NJ, OH or NY. I had to go to NC to get mine back in November, maybe things have changed in the last couple months..... The OP didn't list where he's located

Users who are viewing this thread