5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The better WARRANTY????

RammyShand

Reaction score
Two weeks ago I purchased a RAM 1500 Limited with all the bells and whistles. I opted for the extended warranty but have 30 days to change my mind.

Here's what I got:
5 Yr/100K/$100 Ded - Easy Care Gold - $2247
5 Yr Dent and Ding - $585
Easy Care Gold Gap - $599

Additional Information - I'm a HUGE fan of Dent & Ding and will not purchase a vehicle without it. Truthfully, I've never had to use it but I HATE door dings so much. :mad::mad::mad: The GAP insurance is a no-brainer.

Question, should I keep the "5 Yr/100K/$100 Ded - Easy Care Gold - $2247" or opt for a Mopar protection?

79 300

Reaction score
You do realize you are only really getting 2 YEARS for that $2247 since the first 3 years/36K bumper to bumper comes with the truck, not to mention the 5 year/60K powertrain coverage. Your plan doesn't kick in until then. I would check with your regular insurance company about the Gap. They often offer it much cheaper than dealers. If you really want the extra warranty, I would never even consider a 3rd party. Mopar plan or nothing. I had some 3rd party warranties over the years and getting them to cover anything was next to impossible. Never again.

ldoh

Reaction score
Hopefully the stealership finance dept didn't work you over. Of course you have up to 12 months to decide before buying one. I declined the overpriced 3rd party plan the stealer tried to add on during my truck purchase.

There's at least two good online sources for discounted Mopar extended warranties.

I must've have a sheltered life as I've never heard of dent/ding protection but I bet it's another stealership moneymaker..

Gap coverage is a good idea if you didn't get a good sale price and/or took out a loan. However, I would think your normal auto insurer could get you a competitive offer for gap insurance versus what the stealership offers.

RammyShand

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses so far. Nuff said, I think I'll cancel the Easy Care Gold.

RammyShand

Reaction score
Hopefully the stealership finance dept didn't work you over. Of course you have up to 12 months to decide before buying one. I declined the overpriced 3rd party plan the stealer tried to add on during my truck purchase.

There's at least two good online sources for discounted Mopar extended warranties.

I must've have a sheltered life as I've never heard of dent/ding protection but I bet it's another stealership moneymaker..

Gap coverage is a good idea if you didn't get a good sale price and/or took out a loan. However, I would think your normal auto insurer could get you a competitive offer for gap insurance versus what the stealership offers.

Nope they didn't work me over at all. I knew what I was buying, haggled over the price, and knew that I had 30 days for a full refund.

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
Two weeks ago I purchased a RAM 1500 Limited with all the bells and whistles. I opted for the extended warranty but have 30 days to change my mind.

Here's what I got:
5 Yr/100K/$100 Ded - Easy Care Gold - $2247
5 Yr Dent and Ding - $585
Easy Care Gold Gap - $599

Additional Information - I'm a HUGE fan of Dent & Ding and will not purchase a vehicle without it. Truthfully, I've never had to use it but I HATE door dings so much. :mad::mad::mad: The GAP insurance is a no-brainer.

Question, should I keep the "5 Yr/100K/$100 Ded - Easy Care Gold - $2247" or opt for a Mopar protection?
Personally, I would cancel all those plans except the Dent and Ding if you like it. I would ensure you are getting a Mopar direct plan and buy from a place like Zeigler. They often have discount codes also to make even cheaper. https://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com. I'd go with 8 years 125k miles for like $2,300 or something. Get the Gap insurance through your regular insurance provider, it should be much cheaper than through the dealer. My advice.

TWRam

Reaction score
I intentionally bought my truck lightly used Certified Pre Owned. 6 months old and 6k miles in mint condition for 35% off MSRP. Mopar CPO 7yr/100k powertrain warranty for free. Huge savings on purchase price vs new and addl savings on extended warranty. (y) CPO also allows you to elect additional warranties anytime you like as long as the vehicle has less than 48k miles and 4 years old. I'm going to see how this truck holds up for the next couple years before deciding to spend the $$ for a Mopar extended warranty.

Last edited:

RJS

Reaction score
I intentionally bought my truck lightly used Certified Pre Owned. 6 months old and 6k miles in mint condition for 35% off MSRP. Mopar CPO 7yr/100k powertrain warranty for free. Huge savings on purchase price vs new and addl savings on extended warranty. (y) CPO also allows you to elect additional warranties anytime you like as long as the vehicle has less than 48k miles and 4 years old. I'm going to see how this truck holds up for the next couple years before deciding to spend the $$ for a Mopar extended warranty.
With the extended warranties the price changes significantly at 12,000 miles and possibly one year of service. You might want to factor that into when you consider buying an upgrade. I'll be purchasing the 8/125 $100 ded warranty before that for my 19 Laramie Sport.

GoMango16

Reaction score
If a person buys that same warranty after 3 years, it would cost considerably mope. Actually you are only paying for the time after the 3 year 36k mile factory runs out.

ppowell1983

Reaction score
I just bought the 7 year unlimited mile FCA MaxCare for $2,790 from chryslerfactoryplans.com. I am extremely thrilled with the deal, I just wish I was able to buy the unlimited mile, lifetime MaxCare like I have for my wife's van.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just bought the 7 year unlimited mile FCA MaxCare for $2,790 from chryslerfactoryplans.com. I am extremely thrilled with the deal, I just wish I was able to buy the unlimited mile, lifetime MaxCare like I have for my wife's van.
That's not a bad deal at all, especially knowing that you don't have to worry about the mileage within the 7 years.

ppowell1983

Reaction score
That's not a bad deal at all, especially knowing that you don't have to worry about the mileage within the 7 years.
Yep, considering I have owned the truck for 3 months on Sunday and I have 12,000 miles and my driving is only increasing.

Zeeya

Reaction score
2,670.00 is what I was just quoted for 5 year 100,000 miles. I’ll never see 5 years as I am just over 11,000 miles and haven’t hit the 3 month mark. Of course they say if I buy it before 9/21 I’ll get a $150 off. The quote is through Mopar. Seems they are hitting me on the high side compared to numbers I’m seeing here. I’ll trade by 2.5 years or 80,000 miles.
WAKESNOWB, thanks for posting link. Ziegler’s is showing $1670 for the same Max Care plan. Is it straight up Mopar, 3rd party selling Mopar plans, or just 3rd party warranty company? That’s a $1000 buck difference between the 2. The guy at Mopar said his pricing is fixed and couldn’t come off of it. I wished they had a 3 year 100,000 plan
// Update, talked with Ziegler’s and price will be a little different since I own my own business and use it for work, but the plus is he said would try and work a 3 year - 100,000 mile which would help bring cost down a little. Again thanks for the link!!!

Last edited:

BlckDT

Reaction score
just wish I was able to buy the unlimited mile, lifetime MaxCare like I have for my wife's van.

I agree! Had they plan on my 2014 JGC. At the time I was driving nearly 35K per year. The plan paid for itself many times during the 5.5 years and about 170K miles with her. I actually cancelled the plan after buying the truck back in May this year. They issued me a $25 check! LoL.

Zeeya

Reaction score
2,670.00 is what I was just quoted for 5 year 100,000 miles. I’ll never see 5 years as I am just over 11,000 miles and haven’t hit the 3 month mark. Of course they say if I buy it before 9/21 I’ll get a $150 off. The quote is through Mopar. Seems they are hitting me on the high side compared to numbers I’m seeing here. I’ll trade by 2.5 years or 80,000 miles.
WAKESNOWB, thanks for posting link. Ziegler’s is showing $1670 for the same Max Care plan. Is it straight up Mopar, 3rd party selling Mopar plans, or just 3rd party warranty company? That’s a $1000 buck difference between the 2. The guy at Mopar said his pricing is fixed and couldn’t come off of it. I wished they had a 3 year 100,000 plan
// Update, talked with Ziegler’s and price will be a little different since I own my own business and use it for work, but the plus is he said would try and work a 3 year - 100,000 mile which would help bring cost down a little. Again thanks for the link!!!
Well, Ziegler’s called back. Since I have my truck registered in my busy name, the warranty is $1000 more than a personal vehicle.

ponypride

Reaction score
I used Ziegler and got the 8 year 125K warranty with the $100 deductible right before the 10/1/2018 price increase. They also had a “paid in full” discount code that saved an additional $300 or so. These warrantees go up and up in price,but Ziegler was the cheapest at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread