5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That's Odd--Pumping Tires

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was pumping my rear tires up to a higher-than-normal level to tow the camper (not yet connected.) While I was doing this, the engine was running because I was getting it ready to hook up. After a few minutes, I noticed the hazard lights were blinking. I thought I'd mashed the remote in my pocket when I bent over but pushing "unlock" didn't do anything. Nor, did pushing the hazard light button on the dash. A minute later, the horn honked a couple times. There were no messages on the dash. I just turned the truck off.

Was it something trying to warn me about the tire pressure rising while the engine was running?

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I was pumping my rear tires up to a higher-than-normal level to tow the camper (not yet connected.) While I was doing this, the engine was running because I was getting it ready to hook up. After a few minutes, I noticed the hazard lights were blinking. I thought I'd mashed the remote in my pocket when I bent over but pushing "unlock" didn't do anything. Nor, did pushing the hazard light button on the dash. A minute later, the horn honked a couple times. There were no messages on the dash. I just turned the truck off.

Was it something trying to warn me about the tire pressure rising while the engine was running?
Owner's manual is your friend. :ROFLMAO:

Don't feel bad, lots of people have done the same thing. 🍻

Users who are viewing this thread