5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That new guy

Gren71

Reaction score
Just another new guy here!

Just last week got a 2023 Ram 1500 Big Horn with the trailer tow package and the 5.7 Hemi. Ive been a Jeep guy my entire life and have had a Gladiator since they were released in 2019. I pull a 6k lbs travel trailer all over the place with the JT and have absolutely LOVED that truck. My family has just outgrown it and we needed more payload and room for traveling, so I had to convert to a full size truck. Coming from the jeep world I am a wrench turner and not even a little afraid to tare the vehicle apart to install some new trinket or toy. But im hoping to stave off the itch to upgrade stuff for a while and just enjoy the stock truck since in its oem form it will be leaps and bounds over the JT in nearly every way...accept cool factor in the summer. Ill %100 miss going t0pless and doorless when its hot...but im more than sure Ill find and buy a used wrangler to scratch that itch. In the mean time not having the doorless JT will give me more time and desire to take out the Harley when its warm enough.

Ive already done some very small stuff. Tyger tonneau, lineX bed liner, cheap slush mats (not thrilled with them but they work), and I have a set of sumo springs jounce pads coming for the rear.

Im a HUGE fan of the secondary market so, I havent looked yet, but im hoping there is a thriving member marketplace here on the this forum.

Ill do my best to not repeat work by asking questions before searching through the forum first for the answer. Just know that sometimes its easier to ask it again, then sift through a thread with 100+ messages.

Ill add pictures and such of the JT with the camper and the new truck over the next couple days.

Attachments

• IMG_1945.jpeg
    IMG_1945.jpeg
    136.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1652.jpeg
    IMG_1652.jpeg
    244 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2675.jpeg
    IMG_2675.jpeg
    101.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2676.jpeg
    IMG_2676.jpeg
    197.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2694.jpeg
    IMG_2694.jpeg
    202.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2695.jpeg
    IMG_2695.jpeg
    249.8 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

slimchance

Reaction score
so, you took me up on this forum ... glad you made it here, lots of great advice, just like the gladiator forum .. welcome aboard

Users who are viewing this thread