5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TFL Trucks: "2019 Ram Rebel MPG Redemption? ..." (2019 Rebel, eTorque and 3.92)

NYRAM

Reaction score

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've steered clear of most MPG threads because I find it tiresome. Most owners that are complaining have less than 1000 miles on their luxury gas hogs.

Anyways, TFL's truck is also bran'spankin new and hasn't been fully broken in.

Through all the threads on MPG and talking with my shop and other forums I've come to the conclusion that anyone with less than 7000 miles will be getting below average mileage and anyone over 7500 miles should be seeing close to advertised numbers.

If you're a conservative driver with more than 8000 miles and are getting awful mileage, I'd recommend a chat with your service manager and keep an eye on it.

I'm just nearing 7200 miles and my MPG has drastically improved. I drive my Rebel like it's stolen and never saw north of 11mpg average. In the last 2 weeks its improved to just over 13mpg.

Now I'm not 100% sure that the breakin period is exactly 7500 miles, but it seems to be proving true in my case and maybe TFL will see a marked improvement over time.

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Remote start kills my mpg's, in the summer I was getting about 15 which is fine for me, but being that it's winter here and hovering around 15º I've been getting 10.5

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Got about 15MPG average on my last serious, heavy footed, 70-79 MPH I-95 road-trip to Florida and back. Not bad for a 5700 pound 4X4 truck with 33" off-road tires.
I did try a light throttle flat land 55 or below some time ago to see what it would do. Got 20 MPG, no fun driving like that though.

S

Smashy71

I weighed over 12k on an 1800 mile trip from Oklahoma to north Idaho. Start to finish was 9.9mpg

kjn86

Reaction score
That’s better than some people have been getting empty

That's a great point. Even a new truck not broken in driving in the city should get MUCH better MPG than the same truck (his had 3k miles only also, so it's new too) towing 7400 lbs in mountainous areas in snow with some 4WD used! Combination of impressive towing MPG and poor non honestly it seems. I am getting 10.5 right now.

Users who are viewing this thread