5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TFL 2019 Power Wagon... review?

Rancidlunchmeat

Reaction score
Thought I'd share this review, it's the first I've seen of a 2019 Power Wagon that wasn't from the Press trip. It also discusses a bit about the truck that other reviews hadn't really hit on:

Rancidlunchmeat

Reaction score
TFL with a comparison video that I've personally been waiting for, especially with the Gladiator getting so much press lately.

Power Wagon VS Rebel VS Gladiator

Rancidlunchmeat

Reaction score
Edmunds does a comparison of the 2019 Raptor and Power Wagons, some off road dancing and some very easy crawling.

hutchman

Reaction score
.... and a back seat my daughter won't curse me for....

You are not the first I've seen express this, and it puzzles me a bit. I just had a guy ride in the back seat of my CC who is 6' 5" and 325#. He stated he was very comfortable and had plenty of room. Are you maybe refering to the lack of room in a 1500 Quad Cab versus a Crew Cab

Rancidlunchmeat

Reaction score
You are not the first I've seen express this, and it puzzles me a bit. I just had a guy ride in the back seat of my CC who is 6' 5" and 325#. He stated he was very comfortable and had plenty of room. Are you maybe refering to the lack of room in a 1500 Quad Cab versus a Crew Cab

Yeah, I don't get it either. I understand the new 2500's aren't as roomy in the back as the F150s or the new 1500s, but they are still extremely large by any other standard measure.

Rustydodge

Reaction score
4th gen crew cabs are a great size IMO. I think these 2019 to 2022ish? 4.5 gen HDs are going to be a real gem historically, as once they go full 5th gen and commonize cab sizes the wheelbase on the standard crew will have to grow as well to use the 1500 5th gen cab size. They may add a quad cab (too small for me) and drop the mega cab (too big) but the 4th gen crew cab is currently sized just right and perfect with a 6'4" bed. Biggest downside is no pano roof. I'd love to see a HD crew cab the same size as 4th gen crew cabs but with flat floor and panoramic roof.

Don't get me wrong 5th gen 1500 crew cabs are very nice and flat floor but i'd want to stick with a 5'7" bed due to overall length.

Rancidlunchmeat

Reaction score
@Rustydodge, you covered my wishes as well.. flat floor and a pano roof are really nice features of the 1500 that aren't available on the HDs. I'm having a bit of trouble trying to find a mostly loaded Power Wagon without a sunroof. Funny thing is, I'd want that option if it were Pano.. but I don't one with the old smaller one. Certainly rather spend that $1,200 or so on RamBox or some other options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online