5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Texas winter broke my Rebel!

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Actually, back when dirt was new, we learned how to drive in inclimate weather, or just stayed home. We had bias ply snow tires(walnut shell/sawdust) and knew how to put chains on and weight in the bed/trunk. There were no front wheel drive all wheel drive traction control ABS computer controlled drive by wire systems that quit when the going got tough and/or made driving so easy it was like a video game and we didn't need to think or learn how to do it right and without calling a helpline to someone in some foreign country that english wasn't the first language and the asked "what's snow"?. If we made a bad decision out in the tundra, a wolf ate us. Problem solved and survival of the fittest prevailed. Oh, and if we were kids and made a stupid choice, dad/mom slapped us in the back of the head and asked us what the he!! we were thinkin'.
Don't blame the idiots, they cant help it. They were raised by liberals and think the government will come and help them out of the spot they got into.
This here’s Trooper 4 on the way to school:
1613940805382.jpeg

iliazag

Reaction score
Update if anyone's still interested 🤣
Indeed, all the alarms cleared after I drove for not even half a block - now I'm not sure if I'm more elated I don't have to deal with warranty repair BS or pissed that the truck cried wolf again and could have left me stranded if I weren't in my driveway.
🤔

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Update if anyone's still interested 🤣
Indeed, all the alarms cleared after I drove for not even half a block - now I'm not sure if I'm more elated I don't have to deal with warranty repair BS or pissed that the truck cried wolf again and could have left me stranded if I weren't in my driveway.
🤔
Truck just didn't want to go out in the cold...

BowDown

Reaction score
What task do you think it was "made for"?

I bought my Ram to tow a 3,000 pound car, 1,500 pound ATV, 2,000 pound trailer, 3 friends, and gear on highways to race tracks around the country. 4x4 trucks are still 2WD on the highway, so you're just carrying around and maintaining additional CV's, transfer case, sensors, etc. Why would I pay for all of that when a limited slip is more than enough for 360 out of 365 days in the year?

We always have one AWD vehicle in the family for going off road, whatever.. but why should I carry 4x4 on my tow vehicle to park on the curbs in the mall parking lot?

Word

BowDown

Reaction score
Haul stuff on job site, lauching fishing boat on slippery ramp, cruising on the snow/ice roads, off-roading, transporting freshly killed moose..... You know, kind of task that the average truck buyer consider doing.

Yeah, thats what the average truck owner does...🙄

Alot of this would be better served directed at the road armour fitted, lifted, wheels sticking out 2 feet past the fenders 2500/3500 crowd taking up two spaces at kroger picking up bottled water

BowDown

Reaction score
Today is 70 degrees and sunny, and aside from having to boil water and not having groceries it's a beautiful day - that's TX

Yep, just finished washing and detailing my truck in shorts and a t-shirt. The North can have their icy roads and miserable cold to justify that 4x4.
And before someone says it, I regularly run 4-6 miles outside in shorts and a jacket down to about 40-45°

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Yep, just finished washing and detailing my truck in shorts and a t-shirt. The North can have their icy roads and miserable cold to justify that 4x4.
And before someone says it, I regularly run 4-6 miles outside in shorts and a jacket down to about 40-45°

BowDown

Reaction score

Lol, get it/looks all the time running errands after the gym, shorts and a moisture wicking t shirt unless the shirt is soaked with wet then I wear a jacket.
The flip side is I like to eat, just bought a Rec-Tec smoker and I like to drink so I have to offset the bad with running

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
“1:14 then 1:25... that was BowDown at 1:29...

Last edited by a moderator:

obrien

Reaction score
Just a side notes :

On the snow I would always prefer proper snow rated tires on 2wd over 4x4/AWD on e.g. mud tires.

When the road is covered in ice (not snow) nothing matters but spikes or chains.

Checkairspeed

Reaction score
Lol, get it/looks all the time running errands after the gym, shorts and a moisture wicking t shirt unless the shirt is soaked with wet then I wear a jacket.
The flip side is I like to eat, just bought a Rec-Tec smoker and I like to drink so I have to offset the bad with running
Love my Rec-Tec!

Users who are viewing this thread