5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tesla’s broken-window Cybertruck debut leaves the internet divided

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
146k Pre-Orders = $14.6M Free dollars to hold on and gain interest on for 1-2 years.

And people still think this is about a truck.
Nah...it's a lot more and legally he cannot earn interest, etc. on that money. It cannot be co-mingled with other monies unless he pays those of us who have left a deposit the interest.

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nah...it's a lot more and legally he cannot earn interest, etc. on that money. It cannot be co-mingled with other monies unless he pays those of us who have left a deposit the interest.

That sounds accurate; I got curious after writing that to look it up; interestingly there's ways the pre-order can be leveraged similar to a 'donation' to kickstarter. It's not like he's got vaporware, a real truck will exist for sale.

Funny how the Model S Preorder 'line hold' was $5k and now he's down to $100.

I'll be curious to see how this truck passes DOT regulations for the simple things like lights/mirrors/bumpers/crumple zone ratings

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'll be curious to see how this truck passes DOT regulations for the simple things like lights/mirrors/bumpers/crumple zone ratings
Me too. The minimalist demo trucks were far from the standards. It will be interesting to see how meeting those regs may change the truck from what was shown. Particularly the 3rd brake light which can't be on the tailgate and a streamlined 'vault' cover.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread