5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terrible exposed welds in door A pillar

ElJuggernauto

Reaction score
Anyone else seen anything like this? Exposed "patch" weld not even rust preventive on it. This is a brand new 2023 1500 Big Horn purchased last week, and 07 July 2023 build date. Location is in the A Pillar/Door Frames behind the pop off panels on the end of the dash, right behind the top door hinge.

What the *bleeping* heck is this? Some kind of factory "hot fix" or Quality Control fix? It was obviously done post assembly (you can see char marks on the factory stickers and paint).

Shouldn't this at least be coated with paint or rust preventative (I live in the very humid SE, and you can already see its rusty)...Should I be hitting up a local dealer under warranty (I bought it 3 hrs away so selling dealer not an option)

Last edited:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know how they're assembled, but if I had to make a SWAG, I'd think they located the dash, then hit a locating pin with a weld.

Again, just a big WAG.

Av1

Reaction score
Anyone else seen anything like this? Exposed "patch" weld not even rust preventive on it. This is a brand new 2023 1500 Big Horn purchased last week, and 07 July 2023 build date. Location is in the A Pillar/Door Frames behind the pop off panels on the end of the dash, right behind the top door hinge.

What the *bleeping* heck is this? Some kind of factory "hot fix" or Quality Control fix? It was obviously done post assembly (you can see char marks on the factory stickers and paint).

Shouldn't this at least be coated with paint or rust preventative (I live in the very humid SE, and you can already see its rusty)...Should I be hitting up a local dealer under warranty (I bought it 3 hrs away so selling dealer not an option)

I understand your frustration, but I wouldn’t bother taking it to the dealer.

I’d paint it myself and move on.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep not something I would bother going to a dealer for. Yes its sucks but doubt they’re going to do anything other then what you could do yourself.. wire brush, some denatured alcohol to clean then paint and not worry about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Insanity

Reaction score
There's is an older thread out there on this. Maybe @HSKR R/T do you remember that threads location?

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks like every other Ram that I can recall. Your whole dash panel carrier is unpainted.

Users who are viewing this thread