5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terrible evening....

msteiner77

Reaction score
My rant....
So, stuck in traffic on one of Canada's busiest highways (401) last night, literally at a stand still. Behind a 2007 Kenworth dump truck about 25 feet in front of me and I see the SOB starting to near closer to me... I honk my horn, as does the transport truck to the right of us, the cars to the left... I put my 2020 Limited (WITH 3,200KMS ON IT!!) into reverse, and see a Honda right behind me - we're all stopped, except for the flipping dump truck creeping towards me... Well doesn't the SOB back into me, and push me back within 1 inch of the car behind me until he finally realized it!!!!!!!! I jump out of my truck and he's half asleep!!! I ask him WTF he was doing and he says I don't know. I said were you asleep, he says I DON'T KNOW!!!!!!! WTF!!?!?!? I call the OPP (Canadian Highway Patrol) and the bastard says I HIT HIM!!!!!!! I was inches away from going to jail, as I was about to clatter his head off the pavement!!!! The lying POS... I'm livid! Not one of the other vehicles around us stopped, however a witness reached out to me this morning. I hope the truth prevails in this case man... This a-hole should not be driving! Had I been in my car previous to my Ram (2018 E400 Coupe) I would have been decapitated for crying out loud!!!!!
$6,000 in damage per my estimate today... I am not a happy man.

Attachments

• 20201013_195925.jpg
    20201013_195925.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 127
  • 20201013_195907.jpg
    20201013_195907.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 126

TheMadDutchDude

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, dude. It’s for this very reason that I run a dash cam in my vehicles! I see far too many morons that shouldn’t be allowed to ride a bicycle, never mind drive a damn car! Yeah, because driving around the block at 25 and making sure you can stop at a stop sign is enough to prove you can drive... ugh! So @$$@ing frustrating.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same thing happened to my wife at a red light with a truck that rolled into her. She complained about the dash cam before that. She called me waiting on the police, and I told her not to say anything about the dash cam until the other person told their story. Sure enough, when they talked to the cops they said she rear ended them until she showed the video.

Sorry to hear about your truck, hope everything works out.

jth877

Reaction score
I'm sorry that happened. Scumbags are everywhere and more prevalent than ever these days. No one owns up to anything and lie constantly. I hope you nail the guy. He could kill someone one day especially driving a large truck like that.

I should really stop procrastinating and purchase a dash cam.

msteiner77

Reaction score
Forgot to mention. Have a Blackvue in my cart on Amazon. Cause my dashcam i have plugged into my OBD was messing with my nav and satellite... literally took it out of my truck 2 weeks ago.

Users who are viewing this thread