5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Technical question about traction/stability control shut-town

alek6ix

Reaction score
When i was testdriving 2020 ram 1500 limited (to feel the diff between normal and air suspension), there was still snow on the ground, i pressed and held the lever for 5 seconds and both traction and stability control shut off.
I ended up buying 2020 Ram 1500 Sport (in canada) with air suspension and stuff, BUT it doesnt seem to do what limited did with the press of the button. one click only turns off traction, but holding it for 5 sec or more doesnt do anything. So stability control still engaged.
Is that a feature that was only available in certain trims? or..?
Thanks!

pfa
29F27C1E-296C-413B-9CF6-99BE7575D538.jpeg

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
On the first test drive you must have been in 4wd, thats the only way to disable stability control. It's automatically disabled in 4wd Lo. It cannot be disabled in 2wd unless you pull fuse F26

alek6ix

Reaction score
On the first test drive you must have been in 4wd, thats the only way to disable stability control. It's automatically disabled in 4wd Lo. It cannot be disabled in 2wd unless you pull fuse F26

oh, my, god. i AM in 2wd mode since i bought the truck! ill try to switch to 4wd high to see if it works! thanks so much!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/