5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Technical problem with Ram sports

Dodge2019

Reaction score
I bought Ram sports 2019 -40 days ago I just drove it 10 days and it is now in the garage for fixing for more than 30 days. I had 2 accident in just 3 days. When I park the car, it goes back so so fast and stops ny virtue of sensors and brake. In fact I thought it is my problem but when it happened for the second time it was so violent and hit another car beside. I can't believe that the wheel rack broke and the system went down only from parking. I asked the company to return it but they said we can't . So please any advice. It is dangerous to ride it again

geotex1

Reaction score
Reverse is reverse and fully your control, friend. The sensors and automatic braking are optional, user controlled safety enhancements, not driving aides. That's why you can also turn those features off.

Sorry for your run of bad luck, and hopefully a good shop gets your truck back to like new for you.

Jordan2929

Reaction score
How did the truck stopping automatically cause an accident with (what im assuming was) a parked car? Hard to believe you wouldn't have hit it if the truck didn't stop. But I guess we just need some more details.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Park sense deactivates if you are going too fast. I get the deactivation message every morning as I back down my long driveway. Maybe he needs to slow down in reverse. Do not understand how he hit anything if the brakes engaged.

Dodge2019

Reaction score
Reverse is reverse and fully your control, friend. The sensors and automatic braking are optional, user controlled safety enhancements, not driving aides. That's why you can also turn those features off.

Sorry for your run of bad luck, and hopefully a good shop gets your truck back to like new for you.
I agree with you but when the truck goes back fast and you are sure you are parking as usual it needs explanation and I am driving ram for 10 years and the first time

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
Park sense deactivates if you are going too fast. I get the deactivation message every morning as I back down my long driveway. Maybe he needs to slow down in reverse. Do not understand how he hit anything if the brakes engaged.

I got that "Park Assist Deactivated" msg a few minutes ago and did not understand what it meant. and could not replicate it for my husband to see it... My driveway is also pretty long, so are you saying if going too fast in reverse is what makes that msg appear?

Will have to try that, i'll prolly be the fool who wrecks trying to get a msg that i don't need appear in the cluster...

Brand new garage door here we come...lol

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got that "Park Assist Deactivated" msg a few minutes ago and did not understand what it meant. and could not replicate it for my husband to see it... My driveway is also pretty long, so are you saying if going too fast in reverse is what makes that msg appear?

Will have to try that, i'll prolly be the fool who wrecks trying to get a msg that i don't need appear in the cluster...

Brand new garage door here we come...lol
That is indeed what I’m saying. Get it every morning

Users who are viewing this thread