5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tazer install with 23’ digital cluster. HELP

HardwoodHero

Reaction score
Has anyone successfully installed a taser DT on a 23 ram 1500 with the digital cluster? I cannot access the audio controls within the dash to get it married and synced up.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone successfully installed a taser DT on a 23 ram 1500 with the digital cluster? I cannot access the audio controls within the dash to get it married and synced up.
Is there no option for audio display in the digital cluster?

Philth

Reaction score
I tried. Created all sorts of problems. Numerous DTCs as soon as the auto stop/start engaged. Returned it.

HardwoodHero

Reaction score
Is there no option for audio display in the digital cluster?
Not that I can find. I just got the truck yesterday but I’m very familiar with the Uconnect system. It’s super easy to navigate. But yeah, I cannot find an audio control.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Contact ZAutomotive by text. I always get quick responses this way.

+1 (631) 533-3363

-RotorDemon-

Reaction score
I originally had a TazerJL mini. Changed the firmware to the latest DT firmware and have had zero problems with things like remote window controls, auto start stop, tc kill, light show. With the digital cluster scrolled down to audio I press the left pad left button and right pad left button to go through the Tazer manu options.

Works fine for me. However I have heard it could it sometimes does not play nice with others.

HardwoodHero

Reaction score
I originally had a TazerJL mini. Changed the firmware to the latest DT firmware and have had zero problems with things like remote window controls, auto start stop, tc kill, light show. With the digital cluster scrolled down to audio I press the left pad left button and right pad left button to go through the Tazer manu options.

Works fine for me. However I have heard it could it sometimes does not play nice with others.
I cannot scroll down to an audio function because I have the new all digital dash. I’m not sure if you can add it but currently audio is not an option.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I cannot scroll down to an audio function because I have the new all digital dash. I’m not sure if you can add it but currently audio is not an option.
I can't imagine there isn't an audio display option on it, with everything else it can do

6of36

Reaction score
First video that opened on Youtube for digital dash, showed audio option.

HardwoodHero

Reaction score
First video that opened on Youtube for digital dash, showed audio option.
Do you have a link for that video? I have a G/T package so I also have performance pages which I think take space away from being able to have it.

6of36

Reaction score
Yeah I just watched it. I most definitely do not have that option.
The video I saw, he had it in the standard gauge mode, not the five section mode. As he scrolled up or down, one selection was audio.

Dewey

Reaction score
Is there a set up page where you can choose which are available? Maybe Audio wasn’t selected so it’s not visible.🤔

6of36

Reaction score
I just went out to the truck and check again, still nothing. My truck only gives me 8 different options to pick from if scrolling up and down.
That seems odd. Unless, like you said, maybe the off road or performance pages make them eliminate a choice. Standard air suspension has 5 level settings, but with off road package, there are only four.

6of36

Reaction score
Is there a set up page where you can choose which are available? Maybe Audio wasn’t selected so it’s not visible.🤔
The video I listed for him showed 2 different ways to bring audio up.

Users who are viewing this thread