5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tazer Dt

JRD

Reaction score
I’ve been looking into having the mirrors fold in automatically which has lead me to the Tazer DT. After some research I came across a thread from 2020 talking about some pretty significant issues it caused to the electronics, albeit temporary.

My question is, are issues like these one of or relatively common? Do the issues still happen now, or have they been corrected over the years. Auto folding mirror isn’t worth turning my truck into a paperweight.

Note: I have researched the AlfaOBD, however it seems this is not achievable through Alfa. (I do see some other benefits for Alfa while looking into bed light kit)

Toperz

Reaction score
I’ve been looking into having the mirrors fold in automatically which has lead me to the Tazer DT. After some research I came across a thread from 2020 talking about some pretty significant issues it caused to the electronics, albeit temporary.

My question is, are issues like these one of or relatively common? Do the issues still happen now, or have they been corrected over the years. Auto folding mirror isn’t worth turning my truck into a paperweight.

Note: I have researched the AlfaOBD, however it seems this is not achievable through Alfa. (I do see some other benefits for Alfa while looking into bed light kit)
Im using tazer in my truck for that option and i don't have any problems so far.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

JRD

Reaction score
Im using tazer in my truck for that option and i don't have any problems so far.

Does Tazer allow you to flash? The computer for the bed lights and stuff? I’m not sure if the terminology but make it so the truck recognizes the option like the Alfa. If I remember correctly you can adjust wheel size in Tazer which is another thing I’m looking for

Toperz

Reaction score
Does Tazer allow you to flash? The computer for the bed lights and stuff? I’m not sure if the terminology but make it so the truck recognizes the option like the Alfa. If I remember correctly you can adjust wheel size in Tazer which is another thing I’m looking for
Im not a pro with tazer just using with manual. With alfa u can definitely flash and adjust but with tazer most of the feauters are required to tazer be plugged in all the time(like for mirrors to fold).

Reactions: JRD

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The features listed on the Z-automotive features list for the TazerDT are what it can do. Some things like add trailer brake controller, or tire size adjustment are flashes that you can remove Tazer and it still keeps the change. Most of the added features the TazerDT provides are "live functions" that require the TazerDT to stay plugged in. But this is also what sets it apart from alfaObd, in that it can provide live features that alfaObd can't. I personally love the brake hold feature, and pulse 3rd brake light. it makes changing tire size easy as well. I also use the park as se camera that turns on the back up camera when park se sits are triggered. It's what I use to make sure I am pulled into my garage far enough since it's a tight fit.

Users who are viewing this thread