5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tazer dt issues

Roadkng63

Reaction score
Is anyone running the tazer dt in their ram 1500 and having issues with park sense? I've had the tazer for about 4 months now, basically to recalibrate my speedometer. I had 35s on for 3 months no issues . I just put 37s on recalibrated the speedometer and noticed my front and rear park sense lights are on meaning they are off. So I try to turn them on it says unavailable on either one of them. So just wondering anyone else experiathis and if there's a fix I did the latest firmware update to 8.0.7 and still the same but when I unmarried the tazer they are back to normal. Any help will be appreciated, and or is there another unit I can possibly get to calibrate my speedometer and maybe has some of the same features that the tazer unlocks? Thank in advance.

Attachments

• 20210903_173545.jpg
    20210903_173545.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 51
  • 20210903_173606.jpg
    20210903_173606.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 50
  • 20210903_173624.jpg
    20210903_173624.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 48
  • 20210903_173635.jpg
    20210903_173635.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 47

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do a full reboot. 9/10 times that fixes it. scroll all the way through all the options, its nearly last.

spend the $$ of alpha obd. you can modify the tires sizes and everything with it perfect. The tazer is a little bit meh for it.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is anyone running the tazer dt in their ram 1500 and having issues with park sense? I've had the tazer for about 4 months now, basically to recalibrate my speedometer. I had 35s on for 3 months no issues . I just put 37s on recalibrated the speedometer and noticed my front and rear park sense lights are on meaning they are off. So I try to turn them on it says unavailable on either one of them. So just wondering anyone else experiathis and if there's a fix I did the latest firmware update to 8.0.7 and still the same but when I unmarried the tazer they are back to normal. Any help will be appreciated, and or is there another unit I can possibly get to calibrate my speedometer and maybe has some of the same features that the tazer unlocks? Thank in advance.
It's because of the tire height. The sensors aren't calibrated to work properly with the increased lift, so they are disabled.

Roadkng63

Reaction score
It's because of the tire height. The sensors aren't calibrated to work properly with the increased lift, so they are disabled.
Yea after reaching out to z automotive they finally replied. And also now I find on their notes on the tazer only works up to 35" tires. They said also no other unit has been able to get past this yet. Guess I rather have my speedo right and mileage than the park sense. I've drivin many many yrs. without them...lol anyway thanks for the reply I do appreciate it. Have a great labor day!!

Roadkng63

Reaction score
Do a full reboot. 9/10 times that fixes it. scroll all the way through all the options, its nearly last.

spend the $$ of alpha obd. you can modify the tires sizes and everything with it perfect. The tazer is a little bit meh for it.
Ok Cool! I'll look into to the alpha. I Appreciate your reply. Thanks, have a great labor day!

Black19

Reaction score
Put larger tires and level on and asked two dealers about recalibrate. One said $68 and one said $125. I’m interested in Alpha, but don’t know much about it. Interested is this….will have to search and learn and decide which way to go.

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone have any part number for the cable needed with the Alpha OBD for 2021 Ram 1500?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Put larger tires and level on and asked two dealers about recalibrate. One said $68 and one said $125. I’m interested in Alpha, but don’t know much about it. Interested is this….will have to search and learn and decide which way to go.
If all you want to do is adjust for tire size and have no plans to do anything else then there are cheaper options that only do tire size changes. But they are one trick ponies. TazerDT gives you a lot of other live features, requires TazerDT to stay plugged in, not available with any other option, along with being able to make adjustments and uplug. alfaOBD works great I'd you want to add or enable other factory available options, but can't do the live features TazerDT offers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online