5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tazer Dt for surround view cameras

NehruB

Reaction score
Hi I posted a while ago on the install for surround view cameras. Does anyone have a ram with the surround view cameras and the tazer Dt. If you do please contact me. I need someone to do a BCM capture and send it to me so I can have z automotive try to program my cameras

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got mine yesterday but after installing the TAZER DT, my camera always blue screened. I made contact with them. As I was attempting to unmarry mine to see if the cameras came back online, it did not like something and I need to reflash my Cruise modules at work with wiTECH.

Berk

Reaction score
I am experiencing the same issue, tazer DT broke my surround view camera. What ended up being your fix? I do not have access to wi-tech, but hopefully I can steer my local service department if you have any helpful advice.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am experiencing the same issue, tazer DT broke my surround view camera. What ended up being your fix? I do not have access to wi-tech, but hopefully I can steer my local service department if you have any helpful advice.

I removed the TAZER and let the system go back to normal. The DT Taser "hacks" or "borrows" the communications system for the security feature. This caused the issue. I also took the truck to work and completed a "Vehicle Restore Configuration" thinking the DT Taser totally messed something up. The system went back to normal while driving home one day (I have way too short of a trip and it may have fixed itself sooner if my trips were longer.)
I was afraid to reinstall the DT Taser after that .. but a couple months later I did, and have left it in fully.

Mishayum

Reaction score
I experienced the same issue today. No back up or surround view cameras, travel link, suspension and who knows what else got deleted from the radio menu.

Narg

Reaction score
The Tazer DT keeps killing my battery. Z-auto told me that a "full reboot" was needed, but that didn't seem to fix fully. Neat idea they have, but needs much more work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online