5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tazer DT Firmware Update 18.2.6

T3FLONDON

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone else downloaded and installed the latest 18.2.6 firmware on their TazerDT?

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Wasn't aware that 2.6 was out. I have 2.4, and 2.6 doesn't look a whole lot different (other than pin functions, which I do not use). What version are you currently using?

T3FLONDON

Reaction score
Wasn't aware that 2.6 was out. I have 2.4, and 2.6 doesn't look a whole lot different (other than pin functions, which I do not use). What version are you currently using?
I upgraded from xx.4 to xx.6

T3FLONDON

Reaction score
I think I have 2.4 whats on the new firmware ?
from the little notes they provided. when entering the passcode. it doesn't actually activate the buttons functions which makes for a faster more polished passcode entry. It works really good. I would always get a delay when putting in my passcode and sometimes it wouldnt take and i'll have to redo it several times. Also, the Amber DRLs now activate on remote start too.

1923bob

Reaction score
from the little notes they provided. when entering the passcode. it doesn't actually activate the buttons functions which makes for a faster more polished passcode entry. It works really good. I would always get a delay when putting in my passcode and sometimes it wouldnt take and i'll have to redo it several times. Also, the Amber DRLs now activate on remote start too.
Cool.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Doesnt seem like enough of an update for me to worry about. I dont use the PIN function. And really don't use remote start much to know if there are any issues. IIRC, my firmware version is 2.3 because it wouldn't let me go to 2.4 without installing the new update software on my computer, and I couldn't find a link to download the new uodaterr.

1923bob

Reaction score
Doesnt seem like enough of an update for me to worry about. I dont use the PIN function. And really don't use remote start much to know if there are any issues. IIRC, my firmware version is 2.3 because it wouldn't let me go to 2.4 without installing the new update software on my computer, and I couldn't find a link to download the new uodaterr.
Ya the 2.4 is ok with me no trouble so far.

barrak

Reaction score
Same here with the 18.2.4. Sometimes I have to try three times to get my PIN code in. I will definitely update to the new firmware. My steering wheel's left brain is dead, however, (all left buttons and their night-time backlights are dead, as well as all behind the wheel buttons on both sides) so I have to wait till I fix it to be able to access the Tazer menu.

I just hope they also fixed the issue with my 2023 Longhorn Start/Stop cycles at bus stops causing the PIN LOCK to activate. I have kept the Start/Stop button disabled permanently and the Tazer does remember the setting, but not always.

barrak

Reaction score
Same here with the 18.2.4. Sometimes I have to try three times to get my PIN code in. I will definitely update to the new firmware. My steering wheel's left brain is dead, however, (all left buttons and their night-time backlights are dead, as well as all behind the wheel buttons on both sides) so I have to wait till I fix it to be able to access the Tazer menu.

I just hope they also fixed the issue with my 2023 Longhorn Start/Stop cycles at bus stops causing the PIN LOCK to activate. I have kept the Start/Stop button disabled permanently and the Tazer does remember the setting, but not always.

Regarding my comment on the Start/Stop issue: While I was scheduling my RAM for a service visit just now, the following TSB was flashed at me:

08A - 22-23 DT PCM CALIBRATION which relates to "During an Engine Stop/Start(ESS) event, the auto start fails and the Auto Park engages. - Transmission is in Limp Mode.

It seems it's not the Tazer's fault after all.

See attached TSB

Attachments

• MC-10231802-9999.pdf
    65.2 KB · Views: 8

T3FLONDON

Reaction score
Regarding my comment on the Start/Stop issue: While I was scheduling my RAM for a service visit just now, the following TSB was flashed at me:

08A - 22-23 DT PCM CALIBRATION which relates to "During an Engine Stop/Start(ESS) event, the auto start fails and the Auto Park engages. - Transmission is in Limp Mode.

It seems it's not the Tazer's fault after all.

See attached TSB
Oh wow... thats one helleva TSB. i hope they fix your issue

Users who are viewing this thread