5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Target audience for this post is FCA leadership / Customer Care

azzx

Reaction score
Sorry – long read!

The good stuff:
Currently this is the best engineered truck on the market. Kudos to the FCA engineers!
Buying a RAM was not on my list of options when I was looking at buying a truck in December. I already had picked a 1794 edition Tundra and on my way to pickup the wife to go back to the Toyota dealer so she could rubber stamp my unnecessary purchase, I stopped at a RAM dealer. Walked in to the showroom and open the door on the limited model on display and my jaw dropped all the way to the floor. Nice!
Light years ahead of Tundra.
Needless to say, the plan changed and, over the next 24 hours I started my frantic research on RAM. Couple of test drives later and I had to buy it!.
I am 60-year-old geezer and have owned 50 plus cars of all denominations and 74 off-road and sports bikes so I think that I know a thing or two about vehicles. The level of “cohesive / intelligent” engineering is on par with the last S class MB I owned.

So far, I have 1700 miles and beside the brake pedal recall (no parts at my dealer yet) and few tech related glitches have had no problems. I love driving it.

Below is what I want the brass at FCA to pay attention to.
I understand that I had a choice during the purchase process and, being an early adapter of any product has its disadvantages.
I did not pay much attention to the advanced safety package during the sales cycle. I ***umed FCW, AEB, lane departure, etc. were STD.
In the past couple of months, I have reached out to FCA and many dealers about adding some of the safety features to my truck. Answer from FCA customer care has been nice but useless. They are pointing me to the dealers who are clueless about what is needed to add safety features to my truck.
At this point due to complexity I have given up on the 360 camera option.

However, I want to add the most rudimentary features that are standard on F150, Tundra and even a
$ 17000 Toyota Yaris.

The features are: FCW, AEB, Lane departure, and Adaptive Cruise Control.

I understand the challenges that FCA may have with accommodating requests such as this for a new design. Packaging, price point, etc. etc.

Few forum members have spent thousands buying the parts and still are not able to activate them.

Providing information on the required components for FCW, AEB, etc. etc. is helpful. Creating kits for the 1.0 version of this truck is better yet.
Would I buy a RAM again? Absolutely
– lesson learned is to choose options wisely up front!

Again – kudos to FCA product managers, designers, and engineers – great job.

Last edited:

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The amount (lack of) documentation on this DT product, it's features, and what comes standard is hilariously lacking, I will agree with you on that. And the info that IS out there, is not easy to find, nor decipher.

azzx

Reaction score
That is all I am after, a break down parts for each feature.
Thanks

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That is a valid request. Kind of a "patch" for early editions, so that they can be come apples to apples to the new/current ones in production.

I also think they should consider the updatedness of the Nav/Uconnect system. Selling a truck in the high $60K with 2 year outdated software is a real black eye. I even emailed HERE who does the Nav and maps, and they point to FCA not allowing them to have access to the required Ram material/software/hardware to be able to update. It's like buying a new iPhone with a rotary dial! haha

azzx

Reaction score
I don't blame the dealer - I did a rush job buying the truck and as i said, I incorrectly assumed basic safety features will be included.
When one pays $60K for a truck, the basic safety features should be standard.
Thanks

Last edited:

CompuDav

Reaction score
I would love what you’re asking for. Adding adaptive cruise control would be phenomenal.

Users who are viewing this thread