5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tapping sound from passenger B pillar area

U

User_104008

Anyone dealt with a tapping/ knocking sound coming from B pillar area at low speeds going over bumps? Just looking for advice on what to check before I take the covers off because I don't want to deal with taking it to the dealer if I don't have to but it's driving me crazy... it's in the area of the B pillar. Doors seem quiet when I closed them so its not in the doors. I tried pulling the seat belt all the way out and holding it plus adjusting the belt height and none of that worked either..

Any ideas?

Diesel762

Reaction score
I had the same problem and Ram looked at it and said a wire bracket broker. However they couldn't get the part and did nothing.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Not really helpful, doubt it's your problem, but had to share. I love "just rolled in" on youtube. It's videos from mechanics of cars brought in for repairs. There was just one the other day, where someone had an issue with their seat belt. When the tech removed the trim, the B pillar was filled with nuts, causing the issue. The kind you eat, not hardware.

U

User_104008

I had the same problem and Ram looked at it and said a wire bracket broker. However they couldn't get the part and did nothing.
That's not what I want to hear. No way I can live with this much longer. Luckily I have a work truck so I dont have to get annoyed by it everyday..
Not really helpful, doubt it's your problem, but had to share. I love "just rolled in" on youtube. It's videos from mechanics of cars brought in for repairs. There was just one the other day, where someone had an issue with their seat belt. When the tech removed the trim, the B pillar was filled with nuts, causing the issue. The kind you eat, not hardware.
Lmao.. I doubt that that's my problem but if it is I won't be laughing anymore..

Geddyflea

Reaction score
This probably isn't the solution either but..... I had what sounded like a piece of loose trim or something similar making noise from the same area. It was driving me crazier than a pet squrille for about 3 months. I finally got fed up one day and for the hell of it pushed on the side of the passenger seat while driving and it quit. I reclined the seatback a click or two and it's now stopped. I've no idea what it was, but I do know it wasn't the seat belt or B pillar trim.

U

User_104008

This probably isn't the solution either but..... I had what sounded like a piece of loose trim or something similar making noise from the same area. It was driving me crazier than a pet squrille for about 3 months. I finally got fed up one day and for the hell of it pushed on the side of the passenger seat while driving and it quit. I reclined the seatback a click or two and it's now stopped. I've no idea what it was, but I do know it wasn't the seat belt or B pillar trim
I never tried that. I'll give it a try. There is so many things that can make noise it's almost overwhelming.. I'll try to push on seat, at this point I will try anything.. I need to have my wife drive me around down some bumpy roads while I sit in the passenger seat and see if I can't pinpoint the noise..

mackorodoo

Reaction score
Open the rear door and tap the large plastic piece at the bottom that runs the length of the door, if its the same noise put a couple pieces of door foam in behind the plastic below the speaker and it will stop the noise had to do it to all 4 doors.

Users who are viewing this thread