5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tapping 12VDC from Internal Fuse Box ?

Mardem

Reaction score
I'm installing new emergency lighting in my 2020 Ram Bighorn and would like to know what's the best fuse to use ? I have fuse taps and need 2 - 12VDC sources.

Constant 12V is F33, switched 12V is F66.
It uses micro sized fuses.

Cheers,

73336AB5-2176-443B-A7C2-CB89287094C7.jpeg

Hi Mardem I have a 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie crew cab and I just installed LED lights for my running boards. What I did was tap into my driver side floor flood light - These lights come on whenever you unlock your car door or open any door along with your dome light. It is located just under the dash near the edge by the OBD plug. There are actually two lights one is for the footwell flood light and the other one is for the ambient lighting which will illuminate during night time hours and are dimmable by your ambient adjust switch. The light plug has three wires on it a Black wire, Yellow wire w/purple stripe, and a Yellow wire w/green stripe. The Yellow wire w/purple stripe is for the footwell and dome light connection. The Yellow wire w/green stripe goes to the ambient lighting circuit. and the black wire is the Negative (ground) wire. I connected my driver side and passenger side LED lights together and connected them up in parallel so both running boards light up at the same time. The plug was easy to remove to access the wiring to tap into. But if you really want to tap into a fuse block I would use the one under the hood and it would be much easier to access than the one under the dash in my opinion. I hope this helps and good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back