5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tapatalk

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone else uses Tapatalk, but this site disappeared today.

Tapatalk is very convenient and a lot less ads than the mobile version of this site...

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone else uses Tapatalk, but this site disappeared today.

Tapatalk is very convenient and a lot less ads than the mobile version of this site...
I've never cared for Tapatalk. Tried giving it a chance many years ago and the UI was crappy compared to the web version of forums. Just my opinion, but I won't use it. Plus, recently, it's caused lots of issues on multiple forums

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've never cared for Tapatalk. Tried giving it a chance many years ago and the UI was crappy compared to the web version of forums. Just my opinion, but I won't use it. Plus, recently, it's caused lots of issues on multiple forums

It's a simple UI across multiple forums. It's been YEARS since I've been on the mobile website of this forum and the amount of ads is insane...

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's a simple UI across multiple forums. It's been YEARS since I've been on the mobile website of this forum and the amount of ads is insane...
I don't have ads, so doesn't bother me. And even before I got site supporter status, using Firefox with Adblock enabled for rid of most of them

It might be a "simple" UI if that's all you have ever used. Like I said I tried giving it a short but much prefer navigating forums from the web interface

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't have ads, so doesn't bother me. And even before I got site supporter status, using Firefox with Adblock enabled for rid of most of them

It might be a "simple" UI if that's all you have ever used. Like I said I tried giving it a short but much prefer navigating forums from the web interface

I've used others. It's simple to navigate, just not a thousands of posts per year forum user is all.

I'll check out Firefox - thanks!

Bigred82

Reaction score
Sorry I didn't see this thread when I made my own, but I use Tapatalk as well. The UI is easy and I actually prefer the app to the mobile site. Hopefully this site is upgraded so we can still use Tapa

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score

Don't use Adblock anymore. Use uBlock Origin.
I use a Firefox on Android and site works perfectly fine, 0 complaints.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think DuckDuckGo is my new way to browse this site... no ads and the UI seems doable.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
TapaTalk changed hands and the new owners tried to extort more money from website operators. Everyone is giving them the middle finger. It's common knowledge if you look for the info.

AFAIK, it's not going to be supported on 5thgenrams and sister sites. If it isn't working, it's not coming back. We've actually asked @Jared B to have the prompts to install Tapa when using the mobile website turned off as well.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Tapatalk used to be amazing and then they got reallllly greedy. Where you had to buy a membership to even post more than one pic.

It’s sad this was the last forum to leave that platform. It started with 10 forums I was on.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wonderful. Now I'm stuck w/ the sh*tty mobile site w/ 1 zillion ads.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Years ago I used Tapatalk for 3-4 forums I visited regularly. Then they started making stupid changes, so I dumped it. I use Chrome on my Android phone for this site and the Ram TRX forum without any issues.

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd love to see the measure of traffic to the forum pre and post Tapatalk termination. I can' be the only one who stopped frequenting the forum once it was no longer accessible through Tapatalk. Pulling the site up on a mobile browser ad-a-palooza.

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Brave has been a good mobile browser for me on iOS. That's what I've been using here since Tapatalk got dropped.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
I'd love to see the measure of traffic to the forum pre and post Tapatalk termination. I can' be the only one who stopped frequenting the forum once it was no longer accessible through Tapatalk. Pulling the site up on a mobile browser ad-a-palooza.

This is all I see when I click on my 5th Gen bookmark. Two ads at the top of the screen and that's it. It takes two swipes to scroll past them...no big deal to me.

Screenshot_20240307_083142_Chrome.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread