5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tanneau cover

dannw1431

Reaction score
New to this forum, just bought my first 2021 Ram 1500 Laramie

I really like this low profile roll up tonneau cover from Bak Industries, Revolver X4

5 year warranty too

e003f39cdafaf4eaeaddf1ac7f1f46c2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dannw1431

Reaction score
My Tuxedo Pro x15 was my choice and half the cost on my 2021 Longhorn
7f04cac2da055a20d8bf9a8113839357.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

I almost bought the Tuxedo too, yours looks great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

datammwv13

Reaction score
Seeing that Pro 15 made from identical material Jeep Wrangler one touch soft top made of and wife & I are pleased with its performance, chose this option versus higher cost option.

Atlantic Blue

Reaction score
Thats great but you are comparing apples to oranges.

Op is asking about a Bakflip hard rolling tonneau. The Truxedo x15 you are suggesting is a soft rolling tonneau. The comparable Truxedo product would be the Sentry which is a hard rolling tonneau.

The same company owns both brands. The x15 is cheaper because it doesn't have the aluminum slats aka its not a hard tonneau. The Bakflip Revolver and Truxedo Sentry have similar hard tonneau construction and similar price.

datammwv13

Reaction score
It fit our needs, just saying at a much less price point. That is the joy of the forum to compare and recommend. Easy sailor!

Atlantic Blue

Reaction score
It fit our needs, just saying at a much less price point. That is the joy of the forum to compare and recommend. Easy sailor!

Hey Hey now wait a gosh darn minute. Don't you go using exclamation points on me!!

Lol I think you just took it personal when I pointed out that the difference in price point between the op"s bakflip and the truxedo is due to difference in construction.

Glad to hear you and your wife are pleased with your choice.

RickWaz

Reaction score
Hey Hey now wait a gosh darn minute. Don't you go using exclamation points on me!!

Lol I think you just took it personal when I pointed out that the difference in price point between the op"s bakflip and the truxedo is due to difference in construction.

Glad to hear you and your wife are pleased with your choice.
🤣!!!!!!!!! YES indeed, these forums & threads are absolutely great in helping make wise or at least better decisions. AND more excuses aka fully vetted MUSTS, to spend more $$$s, especially if you're married!

Atlantic Blue

Reaction score
🤣!!!!!!!!! YES indeed, these forums & threads are absolutely great in helping make wise or at least better decisions. AND more excuses aka fully vetted MUSTS, to spend more $$$s, especially if you're married!
So I just gave you the blue print on how to get the wifey greenlight/ permission slip for you to buy the higher priced hard rolling, folding or retracting Tonneaus.

Wifey: But why do you need THAT one, its so expensive?
Your whining azz (lol): But baby its more secure than those soft ones. You can cut through those with a Knife or razor blade. This one is hard see! and you can stack stuff on it see.
Wifey: ok baby. I like THAT one too.

KCViper

Reaction score
To the OP, I just bought the BK Revolver X4s (brand new cover that is redesigned and all matte black). Give it a look if you have not already purchased a tonneau.

RickWaz

Reaction score
So I just gave you the blue print on how to get the wifey greenlight/ permission slip for you to buy the higher priced hard rolling, folding or retracting Tonneaus.

Wifey: But why do you need THAT one, its so expensive?
Your whining azz (lol): But baby its more secure than those soft ones. You can cut through those with a Knife or razor blade. This one is hard see! and you can stack stuff on it see.
Wifey: ok baby. I like THAT one too.
"Hard" and "Stackable" ... do NOT get my wife going! :cool:

Jabberjaw

Reaction score
I had a Bakflip G2 on a F150 several years ago and a Revolver X2 on the Colorado I just traded in. I had no issues with either ...liked them both. I have a slight preference for the more versatile hard folding style, only cause the Revolver is either fully open or fully closed. Ordered a G2 for my new Ram yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread